1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films that should have ended before they actually did?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diablo, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

What films have you watched that you wish ended earlier than they did? You probably don't even notice it should have been this way until after it's finished, but it's there, and now when you watch it again later you tend to either wish the ending would happen at the point, or you go one further and make it end there and then by changing channel or switching off. :p

Now obviously this is possibly going to throw up some spoilers so please mention the film and then put the point of the ending you would do in a SPOILER tag. (the icon with the eye and a red X or use [SPOILER]The text to hide in here![/SPOILER])

There are more films I will mention when (if?) others share theirs too but I will start off with a film I only watched recently:

Ender's Game
    I realise that the point I would end it at would leave no explanation for the visions and hallucinations he experiences, however I feel that right after the actual battle that he thought was a simulation where he committed genocide on a planetary scale would have left a real thought-provoking finale. Seeing Ender breaking down after what he had done, questioning if the aliens were even being hostile and then being injected to calm him down, would have made for a perfect finale scene where the camera would hover above him as he wakes from his induced sleep, slowly zooming right into his eyes where perhaps a single tear rolls down.

#1 Diablo, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Every film that doesn't have outtakes in-between the credits :p

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I'm stupid, you need to explain this one to me. :think:

4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Nah I'm being silly, I was referring to this kind of thing

Toy Story 2 - End Credits With Outtakes - YouTube

Or a more serious scene that comes after the credits hinting at a sequel. Without that then most don't go watching the credits (unless you happen to be in them)

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I reckon most of those extra scenes get seen by people watching at home anyway. A quick internet search will tell you if you missed anything too. Not much mystery any more.

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

10 Cloverfield Lane

Before the aliens... they should have left it open ended with whatsherface ripping the suit when trying to escape.

7. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Need For Speed movie. It should have ended before it even started. :lol:

8. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Yikes! Is it really that bad?

Milli likes this.
  9. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

Haven't you seen it yet? :lol: :shocked:

Go watch it, and then you tell your thoughts about it.

10. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

It's not as bad as she's putting out to be, I mean it's not exactly amazing but it wasnt too bad.

11. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

Its miles better than the first two Fast & Furious films. I went in with low expectations and came out much, much better than expected.

Talking of, that takes us back on topic...Fast & Furious films should have ended at number 5. Why?
    The ending was perfect to end them all there...

Does this need a spoiler tag? I mean there is another 3 follow up films and more incoming? :lol:

#11 calster17, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
    carlos_69 likes this.
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I enjoyed the NFS movie. It may not have befitted the title, but come to think about it I haven't enjoyed an NFS game in ages. The latest Payback one (free trial) still has awful handling similar to Most Wanted 2012 and Rivals.

13. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

Fight club, last scene was questionable imo, plus it is pretty different compared to the book.

14. RobikV3

RobikV3 RB26DETT

NFS Movie was better than last 3 FnF movies combined, and FnF should have ended at third or fourth at best fifth was already pushing it and the next ones are just outright ridiculous.

15. carlos_69

carlos_69 OMG EVO

I have to agree with Calster and robik. the FnF movies should just stop with the 5th maybe the 6th.

Another film is the Shrek. Should stop after the 2nd