1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2016 - News/Calendar/Updates

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by CLR-GTR, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

2. VANDOORNE Mclaren

If this doesn't tell you everything you need to know, then stop following F1 for a few years :p

2. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

:cheeese:

3. Camel

Camel New Member

Rosberg talking to Ferrari and Mercedes only offering him a 1 year contract. Interesting. :hmmm:

Where would Kimi go?

4. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Baku's making sure all details are perfect for the upcoming F1 race. Got an ugly building? No problem!

[​IMG]

:lol:

hassan1995 likes this.
  5. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Do you know if that building is just ugly, or whether it is legitimately having construction work done on it before/after the race? As it's not that rare to have face houses/pictures on scaffolding like that in wealthy places, you'll find it all over the Riviera and in some places in London etc.

I'm kind of looking forward to Baku, wondering if it will offer any excitement. We need an absolutely crazy race as the past few races have been average to slightly above average, but nothing too cray cray.

6. Camel

Camel New Member

Very curious to see how the race will pan out. It has a 200mph straight for crying out loud. In a city centre! And then a narrow twisty bit by and old castle perfect for Max Verstappen to crash into. :p

But I can't help but feel that it will go the way of South Korea and India and vanish after a few years.

7. Camel

Camel New Member

I know this is from the F1 game but it shouldn't be too far from reality. I can see a there being a few accidents to be had in the tight uphill part in the middle of the circuit. Qualifying should be good though seeing who can push their luck if there aren't too many red flags.

#67 Camel, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  8. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

I add a real life vid: dashboard view from the F1 Medical Car, which doesn't sound a fifth as cool as the old 6.2 V8 Medical Car. :(

#68 CLR-GTR, Jun 17, 2016
  9. Camel

Camel New Member

I can see why some of the drivers are complaining about the run off areas and there looks to be only a small amount of that special crash absorber barrier.

Should be a few places where they can overtake though so if we're lucky, it won't be a dull race.

10. Camel

Camel New Member

The grandstands are empty with less than an hour to go before quali. If this is anything to go by, this GP won't be around for long as it won't be lining Bernies pockets as much as he'd like.

A few crashes already from Ricciardo and Perez with the clock showing 0:00 time left in P3. Woops.

11. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

What are peoples predictions for Austria this weekend? I'm quite happy we're back to one of the more traditional tracks, after Baku 2 weeks ago it just feels a bit more F1-y :p

Rosberg beat hammy to 1st last year, but after doing so last week Hammy needs to do well this weekend. Could be interesting.

Camel likes this.
  12. Camel

Camel New Member

I think Hamilton will be on top through Friday and Saturday morning but run wide on the penultimate corner on his last flying lap and lose pole position to Rosberg because of it. Kimi will be out for another Sunday drive in the race not really giving a damn. Vettel will throw a tantrum because a Red Bull is in front of him at some point during the weekend. Button and Alonso will be fighting over 10th place for a point.

There will also be a puncture.

But it would be nice to see a bit more overtaking that's not just on the straight well before the corners which is something the A1 ring can often provide.

13. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Red Bull has prepared themselves for the upcoming Austrian Grand Prix, in true style:

[​IMG]

14. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Hmmmm, I'm all for having a laugh but if you're not getting on the podium at the end of the weekend, then all the jokes and lulz can be easily criticised as a distraction and unnecessary :p Red Bull have thrown away a lot of points this year so far, they should probably concentrate on fixing that than having some lulz. I really want to see Ricciardo do well.

15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

joke

my head​

16. Camel

Camel New Member

Crash at the end of FP3 for Rosberg. Snapped rear wishbone when on the kerb sent him into the wall which means they have about 2 hours to rebuild his car and also a 5 place grid penalty for a gearbox change.

#76 Camel, Jul 2, 2016
  17. Camel

Camel New Member

Hamilton, Rosberg, Verstappen to start in the top three for tomorrows race.

Apparently it was close between Hamilton and Rosberg but 3 tenths of a second in F1 is like comparing a 1 litre Ford Ka with a BMW 3 series. :hmmm: Home advantage for Hamilton maybe?

Would love to see a bit of rain tomorrow to spice things up, even more. :eek:

18. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

The stewards need to get their act together before tomorrow's race, if they're going to have this "no tolerance" ethos tomorrow then they need to stop being so inconsitent or else they'll ruin the race.

19. Camel

Camel New Member

It's a bit wet at Silverstone... With only 15 minutes to go. If it doesn't ease off the race might be delayed. >.<

20. Camel

Camel New Member

Turned out to be a great race after a bit of a crap start behind the safety car.

Shame about Max not being able to hold on to second place but with the decision on Rosberg still not known as the stewards are taking their sweet time, Max could still get P2.

Roll on Hungary!