1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2016 - News/Calendar/Updates

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by CLR-GTR, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Camel

Camel New Member

All I can say is wow.

Well, that was a lie but we've all had bad days at the office so to speak and imo he didn't deserve this. "There were other reasons" sure, and Pigs can fly.

Having said that, it will be interesting to see what Verstappen can do in the RB and to be able to compare his performances to Ricciardos.

2. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Yeah I do not for one minute think the Sainz/Verstappen thing is true. If it was, manage your god damn drivers Toro Rosso, I'd imagine the rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg last year was much worse and you didn't see one of them getting the sack.

3. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Then at least this move is thanks to the next reasons, as mentioned by Sport Bild after an interview with Helmut Marko himself:

- Kvyat was in the shadow of the much better and more constant performing Ricciardo. He put too much pressure on himself to try and become better, and failed doing so.
    - RB's and TR's teams are contracted by Red Bull, not by the racing teams. This allows for easier moving of drivers between the teams.
    - Kvyat is still considered too good to be kicked out of the Red Bull racing teams family.

Combining points above, they were able to keep him within the ''family'' by putting him in the other team, while also giving him a more relaxed mindset. This is also confirmed by Christian Horner who said Kvyat has a change to proof his potential again in a team he's familiar with, in order to get back into shape.

Max Verstappen in the mean time has a great potential, and bringing him to the A-team might be the only way to keep him within the "family" despite the pull from Ferrari and Mercedes.

Source (german): http://sportbild.bild.de/motorsport/formel-1/formel-1/red-bull-schiebt-crash-pilot-kwjat-zu-toro-rosso-ab-45682828.sport.html

4. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

No tensions?

Pujolar confirms split with Toro Rosso

5. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

They can say whatever they want, this is nothing but public humiliation for Kyvat.

As for the tensions mentioned, I still refuse to believe it's a simple Kyvat-Sainz tension (or between their respective teams), there's obviously been a lot of tensions going on behind the scenes but I don't think it's as straight forward as they'd have us believe.

6. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

7. Camel

Camel New Member

4th. What a noob.

Hamilton had better get a good start, not get crashed into or have some sort of failure on his car tomorrow. :evil:

8. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Great race :D

Looking forward to seeing the aftermath of that Merc implosion.

Congrats to Max, that really is a fantastic result. It's a bit bittersweet as I'd have loved Ricciardo to win as he's such a great guy but it's good to see Max's career take off, I think he's got a bright future ahead.

9. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

U wot?

Well....erm... you didn't pay him enough so he decided not to take your advice. :D

Microphone likes this.
  10. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

Best race in ages. Verstappen did an amazing job under pressure from Kimi and I have to say that even as a diehard Kimi fan, I'm not disappointed with the result. After all, Ferrari got a double podium. I wouldn't mind more races like this, if only Ferrari could up their game to properly challenge Mercedes like this. My heart was racing for basically half the race :nods:

Also, Ricciardo seems to have taken some classes in the Red Bull Torpedo Academy as well :eek:

CLR-GTR and hassan1995 like this.
  11. Camel

Camel New Member

Me what.

His win was kinda gifted to him on a plate. No Mercs to win the race, Ferrari weren't all that fast(Did Kimi even make 1 attempt to get along side/pass him?) and RB screwed Ricciardo over with the strategy and then he got a puncture. All Verstappen had to do was drive around the track and not fall off of it. You know, like Hamilton and Rosberg do but you give them crap for it all the time. :lol:

It's great for Verstappen and I'm happy for him. It's a day he and his family will never forget. Was also a good race on a track where races can be quite dull to watch a lot of the time.

Microphone likes this.
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

For those who missed it

#52 Ryzza5, May 16, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  13. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

14. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Good analysis.

Chris Harris is blaming Rosberg, Jason Plato is also blaming Rosberg. I think the more people are watching the video and knowing about Rosberg's mode setting mistake they're starting to side with Hammy.

I'm happy for Verstappen and he did do well under pressure but I can't seem to warm to him just yet, I think his behaviour in Australia might have something to do with that. Similar entitled petulant behaviour to that which is making me dislike Hammy and Rosberg.

15. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

16. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Interesting testing going on at Williams:

[​IMG]

That rear wing would not be legal in 2016, but I wonder if it's something that might be possible in 2017?

17. Camel

Camel New Member

Looks a bit like something you'd see on the back of a 17 year olds Vauxhall Corsa. :lol:

And because I'm 10 years behind all the cool kids.

[​IMG]

18. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

It's not really anything that new to F1, look at the '93 Williams:

[​IMG]

19. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

got nothing on this

[​IMG]

20. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Plenty of room for my Merc books and brochures.

Anybody can tell me how unreliable/unrepresentative test session results are? I'm asking because of this:

[​IMG]

:D:D

Honestly though, I'm a bit of a noob in this, it's already a whole lot of something that I watched last race from start till end.