1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2016 - News/Calendar/Updates

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by CLR-GTR, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Reminds me of some of the racing tracks on PGR4 :nods:

As for Quali, it's annoying me, either start it on race 1 or next season, I don't like the idea of it changing mid-season.

2. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

Yet another update regarding the qualifying. New system will be introduced in Melbourne BUT it's only Q1 and Q2 that are affected, Q3 will follow the old rules :nods:

3. Camel

Camel New Member

Why can't they just leave it as is for this season rather than implementing a bodge half arsed job after the start of the season?

They're just making themselves look like amateurs who don't have a clue what they're doing or where the sport needs to go.

4. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

The first F1 Non-Drophead Coupe has been spotted:
    f1-barcelona-march-testing-2016-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf16-h-with-the-f1-halo-cockpit-sys.jpg

See more HERE

5. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

It's ugly and I hate it.

6. Camel

Camel New Member

Poor CLR. :(

It's not the prettiest thing but I'm sure it could be worse. And if it's for safety then I'm all for it. We've had a few near misses in the last couple of years with cars going on top of one another and also Bianchi.

7. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Hey, buddy, thanks, I'll post again next time I find something :jealous:

:p

I don't like the looks of it either though, I can fully understand it's for safety but then I'd rather have em go all-in and make those closed-canopy cars you sometimes see in renders.

8. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

I can understand the reason why they're implementing these but then again, they're ugly and tbf I'm not sure if one of these could have saved Bianchi :( Safety is always good though.

9. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

I hope if small parts hit it under an angle they don't get reflected towards the chest of the driver, otherwise they might as well give him a bulletproof suit that way. Then I'd fall back to what I said earlier: either not or full-way closed canopy like a jetfighter.

10. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Red Bull's alternative has been digitalized based on the words of their team boss mentioning an open-top canopy with windscreen. It's a hoop on two supports with a wrap-around acrylic screen. Looks a lot better imo than Ferrari's dowsing solution.

#30 CLR-GTR, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited by CLR-GTR: Mar 15, 2016
  11. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

That looks better, there's certainly more protection as opposed to the solution Ferrari proposed. It looks like it would be better when it comes to rain for the driver and visibility.

12. Camel

Camel New Member

Just 8 hours to go till the season officially starts with first practice in Melbourne!

Sadly thanks to being a proper adult people I can't watch it this year. Damn job requiring me to actually work. :( But woooo, F1. :)

13. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

It looks even better now that Redbull has actually released official images of their concept for a semi-shielded cockpit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And in further news: the tear-off ban has been postponed to the GP of Spain. It has been delayed on request of the teams, who funny enough were the ones to ask for this ban. Those same teams have also all voted to return to the old qualifying system, with for example Horner declaring it a mistake the new system made it through.

14. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

There we go, first real life pictures of Redbull's canopy:

[​IMG]

15. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

They need wet weather testing, and bright in yo face sun testing more than anything. Issues on how it'll catch sunrays and get rid of water are the only reason I can't see it going ahead, it definitely looks better than that ha lo piece of crap.

16. Camel

Camel New Member

I think it looks equally as bad tbh. But for the sake of potentially saving a life looks aren't all that important.

17. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

#37 CLR-GTR, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  18. Camel

Camel New Member

Having seen it on a the RB properly I think I could actually grow to like it. :hmmm:

19. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Holy crap. Rumours are flying around that Red Bull and Toro Rosso are going to switch Kvyat for Verstappen. Talk about being publicly humiliated.

The reason this is holy crap is because people are saying it might happen next week, rather than inbetween seasons. Some reputable sources too not just gossip. Wow.

20. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

It's official, Red Bull has confirmed it and Max Verstappen has also released an official statement thanking the Torro Rosso team for everything and expressing his joy on this special and quicker-than-expected opportunity. It's also an immediate measurement, he'll be driving his first meters in the RB car on Friday.

Finally he now has a proper car :D

[​IMG]

EDIT: several sources say there are more reasons for the transfer, specifically that there were growing tensions between Sainz and Verstappen.... mmmmm interesting.

#40 CLR-GTR, May 5, 2016
    Last edited by CLR-GTR: May 5, 2016