1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2016 - Australia GP

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Camel, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Camel

Camel New Member

Here be a discussion thread for the Australian GP. If you've not watched the race yet then don't read any further down as there will be spoilers!

I must say that was a pretty good season opener with Ferrari getting Merc on the edge of their seats from the get go and Alonsos spectacular crash that saw him to a barrel roll mid-air before landing upside down against the barriers in the gravel. Thankfully he was able to get and and was uninjured but presumably rather shaken up. But he sure does know how to put on a good crash/show.

I hope that Ferrari can keep up the pressure on Mercedes and perhaps not screw up their strategy or Kimis car, again. The mini Ferrari team (Haas) placed well but were helped by the red flag. With the jump Ferrari have made, I can't help but think they benefited from the unlimited testing Haas could do on the Ferrari parts...

Can't wait for Bahrain now. :)

2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Only saw the crash and wow I was not expecting him to get out of that unscathed if I am honest. Real testament to the safety and strength of these things.

3. Camel

Camel New Member

Throws up the argument about the lalalala device.Would he have been able to get out if the car had one?

Rassva likes this.
  4. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

Hello darkness my old friend

it is ROS-HAM-VET again

5. Camel

Camel New Member

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

:p

Could have so easily been VET, ROS, RAI/HAM... But Ferrari screwed up their strategy and Kimis car decided to break again.

6. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

If looking at the result and not actually watching what happened during the race is how you make your assumptions then fair enough, your opinion doesn't matter then.

Ferrari had a 1-2 in their hands and threw it away themselves. Hamilton failed at overtaking a Toro Rosso. The 'Tag Heuer' engine isn't as weak as it was last year, meaning they're not being overtaken easily either. No, there aren't 8 teams fighting for that pole position but that's a bit too utopian and too much to expect too soon, there was some clear progress made today and it was a great race. Was it a fluke and will the silver arrows be more dominant in bahrain? Who knows, but Bahrain has been home to some of the best races of the decade recently so fingers crossed it will continue to do so.

Camel likes this.
  7. superhyper

Being a bit sensitive there are we team Mercedes? :p The race itself was good and I hope Ferrari can keep up the pace in the following races :nods:

If I was looking at total merc dominance then the noise I would be making would be quite different you know :cool:

8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

I was only hoping Ham would struggle more to pass Ric given how long it took him to get ahead of team TR. Maybe down to tyres.

9. superhyper

Tbh for most of the time Toro Rosso showed better pace than the Red Bull :lol:

10. Camel

Camel New Member

They did for most of last year too. But now RB are much faster than last year but TR is still faster which is even better. :lol:

Mind you, would be great to have a 3-way(or more) title fight