1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro, American, or Ricer. Which one???

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by HavockJoker, Jan 14, 2008.

1. HavockJoker

HavockJoker PGR4 Master

Based on your own opinion which car group (Euro cars, American Muscle, and Japanese tuners) is better?

(Question rewritten)

#1 HavockJoker, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited by HavockJoker: Jan 15, 2008
  2. RB26DETT

RB26DETT Banned

in my opinion, japanese cars are quick, handle extremely well, and may have a high top speed but you have to do so much modifications in order to achieve that.

american cars as we all know are known to go fast in a straight line but they're starting to improve like what the corvette c6 lineup has shown.

european cars in my opinion are well rounded, they have both speed and handling capabilities. downside though, they're pretty pricey in my country.

heck, i love all three classes. but i have to go with european cars.

these are my favorite cars from each class:
    tuner = Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-SPEC II
    muscle = Chevorlet Corvette C6 ZO6
    euro = BMW M3 E46

#2 RB26DETT, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited by RB26DETT: Jan 14, 2008
  3. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

Euro for me, particularly british.

british cars perform to a direct purpose and do it fabulously.

want an extremely luxurious car? Rolls Royce is what you're after.
    want a white knuckle experience with a car on steroids? A caterham or an ariel is what you want
    want to cut through corners without even thinking of the brake? lotus elise
    want luxury, speed, and an image that is cool as hell? how about a jag or an aston martin?
    want something that will be a massive shed, with all the pazass of herpes? buy a second hand rover metro!

4. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Thats spot on my veiw aswell though if you want to go quick round a track the Italians probably have it, well Atom, where is the Radical made? And the white knuckle experience with a car on steroids has to be a TVR for me, thouse two are too quiat. :(

5. Baltoman

Baltoman Baby Vipah :D

I go for the American type

It has power, a great top speed, the looks of them is so... mean
    Its not really good at corners but for those who like drifts and burnots its perfect. Also very good at pricing, why get an Aston Martin with 450 hp when u can get a $70,000 z06 with 505 hp?

some american goodies:

Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford GT, Shelby (Cobra, GR1, GT500), Ford Mustang, Saleen S7 TT and the new fastest car in the world.. Ultimate Aero TT

6. CptDarknuggets

CptDarknuggets 200 Angry Clydesdales

1970's Dodge Challenger. Best freaking car in the damn world!

7. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Europe, Duh!
    Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Ascari... Need to say more?

8. Pherelas

TVR, Noble, Arial, Lotus, Alfa Romao, Audi (love the R:cool:, Rolls Royce.. So yes you do :)

9. Baltoman

Volkswagon, Jaguar, BMW, Opel, Vauxall (does it spells like taht?), Fiat, Peugeot, Renault, say a little more pherelas

10. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Alfa Roflmao? Rome lol :p
    Ok, true! :D Then i can fill it again! :)
    Mosler, Mercedes, did i mention Jaguar yet? Bentley, Renault (Ofcourse! Clio V6 FTW! :D) and Mini :p

11. Baltoman

Ive already mentioned Jaguar and renault

12. iBilo

iBilo ;)

Forgetting the Bristols..

13. iBilo

iBilo ;)

Sorry for double posting but I forgot the ultimate classic track day car.. AC Cobra. :D

14. Baltoman

I dont get it. AC Cobra is the same thing as the Shelby Cobra. Are they like Porsche and RUF?

15. CptDarknuggets

CptDarknuggets 200 Angry Clydesdales

Shelby cobra is just the AC with a whopping big jet engine in it. Had a ride in one and I swear the driver was writing my obituary.

16. Mb

Mb The Photographer

17. Pherelas

I'm quite sure Mosler's are from the US ;)

18. Mb

Mb The Photographer

I know. But they have german Engineering. (Except the Corvette Engine :p)

19. HavockJoker

HavockJoker PGR4 Master

Good opinions, but you still haven't convinced me on which one has got the better everything, lets make it easier, Nissan GTR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Corvette ZO6: don't try to convince me by showing me the Nurburgring times cause I have seen them. Convince me with stats, reasons and Personal opinions cause I stiil can't see which one is better.

20. Pherelas

Nissan GTR however good car it is you will always look like you've just walked out of prison when drinking it.

Lamborghini Gallardo, great sound, great looks, slightly insane in a sane kinda way, fast aswell and you look slightly more civilised in it that the other two though thats not saying a lot.

Corvette ZO6, sounds good, handles well apprently but its made out of plastic and everyone will know your a cheap-skate when driving it.