1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Aids

Discussion in 'TDU1 - Xbox 360' started by Lord, May 18, 2007.

1. Lord Rookie

What exactly do they do, i usually just leave it on sport when driving around or racing and then turn it off when attempting to drift, what are the differences between "Driving Aid" "Hypersport" and "Sport".

2. Jt 396 Drye

Jt 396 Drye Bondurant

The Driving Aid is the same thing as Traction Control. "Off" is no traction control, "Hypersport" is the closest to off, "Sport is just for playing around, "Driving Aid" is minimal tire spin {full traction control}. I use "Driving Aid" for cruising, racing, etc...I use "Hypersport" while drifting in HCM. You can still get wheel spin while fully accelerating from a stop in "Driving Aid", what you do is slowly pull RT (controller)and that will cause no tire spin at all. Also, when you buy a car from a dealership (usually fast cars) you will still get wheel spin using "Driving Aid". You just have to break the car's engine in to make it stop, usually by putting some miles on it. Hope that all helped.

3. Lord

Lord Rookie

yeah, i've been playing for awhile (455 achievements) so i know all about the car behavour, just wondered why it gives so many traction control options without describing what they do, well now i know :p

4. MrColonist

MrColonist Upcomming drifter

Thanks man! I didn't know either! :)

5. Nipper

Nipper \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

i only ever use OFF these days, but back when i did Ranked Racing i used Driving Aid (everybody does)

since HCM though no driving aids required :p

6. MrColonist

MrColonist Upcomming drifter

AIDS is never good. :spammed:

7. superturismo

superturismo New Member

lol :happyroll:

8. bigbcraig

bigbcraig Making Skidmarks

Sorry to bring up an old thread, adn I know i write too much stuff in general too much at a time on these forums, but.. you mean something actually happens when a car gains miles; that there is a 'break-in' period? for real?
    :eek:mg:

btw, to not be too O/T, I only use "off", and sometimes "hypersport" when i'm driving a very fast car (mod. enzo; koenigsegg, etc.) or I'm just lazily driving.

9. Jt 396 Drye

Jt 396 Drye Bondurant

Yeah it happens a lot to me, like when I buy a new Lamborghini (showroom). The wheels will still spin in "Driving Aid". You just have to drive the car a little bit to break it in.