1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Discussion in 'TDU2 - Mod Tools & Support' started by Djey, Sep 8, 2011.

1. MISLcz

MISLcz Modded TDU1 & TDU2 Player

Hello Djey. Links for both Beta and Release version are not working. Can you please fix them?

2. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

3. MISLcz

Thank you ;-)

4. MISLcz

BTW: What's the progress with final 2.2.0.0 version?

5. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no progress so far: I've given up TDU2 modding about 3 years ago ;)

6. MISLcz

OK...

BTW2: Could you consider to open up the source code and publish it under some free software license (I will be surprised even with some more restrictive license, such as GNU GPL v2/v3)? I think I have some intermediate knowledge of C and C++ (but almost no knowledge of C Sharp), and I can do some work.

MagicV8 likes this.
  7. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

That's written in C# language.

Open sourcing it is not a bad idea, although I thought that noone would like to see this piece of crap anyway :)
    Permissive license is not an issue, currently publishing on Github with MIT License or Apache 2.0.

I would just need to do a bit of cleaning for tracks of copyrighted material into it.

But.
    As I haven't enough time to work on all my projects, I won't guarantee to provide any support with this source code. I might not remember how it works as well :D

MagicV8, MISLcz and binbow like this.
  8. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

Oh I am also interested. May I also raise my hand?:)

MagicV8, MISLcz and Jack_Newl like this.
  9. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

This would be published onto public GitHub repository so anyone would be able to fork the project to enhance it ☺

MISLcz and binbow like this.
  10. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

Roger that! Thank you so much in advance.

11. MISLcz

Oh, that would be great! The only problem for me is the C Sharp, but I think I could learn it.

BTW: Could you release both the Release and the latest Beta version on the GitHub repo?
    BTW2: Thank you for your work, for the OSSing of your programs, and for not being like lalalalalalala.
    BTW3: Binbow could we do some work together? Do you also do C and C++, or you are a C Sharp man?
    BTW4: I will try to do some little rewrite of your code, and possibly try to rewrite it to C++.
    BTW5: Does your program compile with Mono, or is it purely a Microsoft-ish program?

12. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

C++ to C# should be a breeze, that is significantly safer and cleaner to code with it. Both are object oriented languages btw.
    Personally I'm now mostly coding in Java but I can read C# as well.

Beta is on a branch, so it should be easy to do so with GIT :)

The only thing I'm lalalalala with:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy4TqSbeQR8

As long as you can publish your work in return in the public domain, there's no problem with it.

Never tried with Mono, some parts may, some others not (like the user interface part). In any case it works with Visual Studio Community (free).

MISLcz likes this.
  13. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

I'm developing in a ”Delphi" language ( == objective pascal). So, not familiar to C #. I hope to learn about how to handle the "carvstconfig.xmb".

MISLcz likes this.
  14. MISLcz

OK... I once learned some basics of Pascal, but I am not very familiar with it.
    BTW: Djey where I can find the Git repo? I can't see it in the GitHub djey47 repositories.

#394 MISLcz, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited by MISLcz: Jun 14, 2016
  15. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

I'll do it when I get time to.

MISLcz likes this.
  16. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

MISLcz and binbow like this.
  17. binbow

binbow Well-Known Member

MISLcz likes this.
  18. MISLcz

Thank you very much, will start rewriting soon. :))))

Edit: Where I can find the Fesersoft's CRC32 lib? I can't find it anywhere.

#398 MISLcz, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited by MISLcz: Jun 19, 2016
  19. Djey

Djey Well-Known Member

All external libs are included in tdumt2's release archive or tdumt2's texture tools by knyazev

20. MISLcz

It is not compilable in Mono on Linux because of the UI part, but there are still two surprizes: The rewrite to Gtk# would be probably relatively easy, and the non-open-source Fesersoft lib would be easily replaceable. I think I will have it finished in cca. one week. I will however wait for the beta version to come from you and try to rewrite the beta version first to not do the same conversion twice...

#400 MISLcz, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited by MISLcz: Jun 20, 2016