1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corvette C6 Z06 Drift Videos

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Mb, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Mb The Photographer

Mb's Drift Videos

Give me tips to improve things, please? :D
    I know i went to hard on the gas on some bits, i know i entered some corners wrong and went way to fast so i couldn't even begein a drift. :)
    Anyway. ENJOY! :D

Music: JFK - Whiplash (Bad Habit Boys Remix)

2. CarboyZR1

CarboyZR1 Asian

Just practice, I also still need practice, try to start drifting with hypersport or off and drift with Automatic if you have to.

3. Mb

Mb The Photographer

I drift with Hypersport, and manual gearbox is way better to control your revs. Else it's going to shift gears in a turn and crash immediately :)

4. CarboyZR1

CarboyZR1 Asian

It is possible to drift with auto though and just some practice will help, but I'll try manual sometime.

5. HavockJoker

HavockJoker PGR4 Master

Yeah all I did was practice and practice more. Practice make perfect. Don't give up and strive for that perfect line.
    (Do you use wheel or keyboard)

6. Mb

Mb The Photographer

I haven't been playing much, was my first time on TDU in 2 weeks i guess :eek:
    I use wheel :)

7. Mb

Mb The Photographer

2nd vid :)

#7 Mb, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  8. Nipper

Nipper \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Even though I am a 360 drifter not a PC drifter you asked for my opinion, so I will comment on what I saw and if I get anything wrong due to the PC version being slightly different, please don't flame lol..

Anyway, you are pretty good, what I did notice was you're 'bouncing' the throttle as opposed to smooth throttle work, the lines you took weren't bad, but to get the 'perfect' line you need to be sideways before the turn, and on the opposite side of the road, ie. a left hand turn, get on the right hand side of the tarmac before throwing it sideways roughly 20 yrds before the turn.

Also I noticed you straightened up between corners, to keep a long smooth drift going try to link the corners together, and always look for a good line, and if traffic gets in the way just adjust the drift to go around them as opposed to straightening up and starting again.

PS. with the Z06, make sure it's Stg3 (Stg2 for racing, Stg3 for drifting) and you only need to use 4th gear ;) (unless the PC version doesn't have stupidly short gear ratios like the 360s Z06)

9. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Thanks for the input! :D
    I'll work on that and post another video sometime :)
    I always drift in 3rd gear with the Z06, because on 4th gear i'm going way to fast and crash everywhere lol. Yeah i need to work on my driving line indeed :) But for me as i'm just a noob drifter it's hard to keep it sideways between turns, same goes for evading traffic :p Yes mine is stage 3 :)

Btw, can you tell me all the nice drift roads except the Tantalus and Kelekole pass? You're pro so :p

10. Nipper

Why do people keep saying I am Pro? I am ACE :p LMFAO

Anyway, if you PM me a map (duno where it is on the forums) I will highlight the roads on the map for you :)

11. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

Here's the Map. It doesn't show every road though and the icons get in the way quite a bit... Hope it helps anyway :)

#11 Speed, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 18, 2018
  12. Nipper

13. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Thanks a lot!
    I'll take my Zonda over there :p

14. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Mb's Drift Videos

First time that i drift in a Zonda :p
    I know some of the lines are poor and that i had a noobish crash, but i followed some of Nippers advice as the others didn't really work out, yet :)

15. Enos

Enos I spread love via Sigs!!

Let the drift run out for longer, keep the throttle nice and open nd leave nice and dark blackies on the road! :D