1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controller Keyboard

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by YeOldeTDUMan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. YeOldeTDUMan working too much

Has anyone bought the new mini keyboard that plugs into your controller yet?

Was thinking of getting one myself

2. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

I want to know this aswell, as I am also thinking of getting one.

They've got them in Game at £25 but only in a display case (dvd type thing not the product) and for a £10 I could get a cheap USB keyboard to plug in and use instead.

3. Telos

Telos Eternal Being

Looks awesome. Not a bad price either so maybe I'm getting one. Currently it takes forever to write messages to friends and since I don't keep my headset on writing with on-screen keyboard is the only option.

4. SupermAnthony

SupermAnthony Man Of Steel

I was quite excited about this too when I first heard of it. Maybe I'll wait for a pre-owned one in Gamestation, though. You can't play and charge while using it can you?

5. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

6. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

A USB keyboards are a paint but looking at the size of a controller i think this would be the biggest pain in the world, way to small.

7. YeOldeTDUMan

YeOldeTDUMan working too much

well I crumbled ... (replace with got bored at work) ... so I now have one ... it fits pretty neatly and is reasonably easy to use

I'll take some pics later for those interested

8. Rollin in an STi

Rollin in an STi Subie Owner

i went looking for one of those keyboards last week. i talked to a guy @ GameStop here in town, and the guy told me he talked with a REP from M$, saying that the keyboards were going to be shipped alogn with the Halo 3 consoles. i dunno if their out yet, but i was a lil dissapointed i couldnt get it last week. i'll have to check the store's website to see if their in...

9. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

They got released her on in the UK on Friday. Just had a look on Amazon.com and they have them for sale now and so does xbox.com.

10. YeOldeTDUMan

guys, as promised some pics

so far it's not too bad to use ... smallish buttons but no worse than a mobile phone

the biggest comment i have is that you have to change your grip on the controller as i tend to wrap my fingers around the controller ... obviously you can with this in the way

I've included pics with and without the keyboard so you can compare

Attached Files:

11. Pherelas

Pherelas I'm Going Slightly mad

Nice pics there. Very usfull and looks really annoying, is it heavy?

12. Nodz86

Nodz86 ____________

Good pics there Hybrid, +rep, Made up my mind i'm gonna get one the weekend.

13. YeOldeTDUMan

It's not that bad ... shifting your grip takes a bit of getting used to ... the grip change and the weight change make it feel more like a handheld console in some ways

14. khevolution

khevolution Most likely To Hit a Tree

To be honest when i send messages, i usually do it Via Voice anyway and i find the MSN feature on the Xbox to be too slow, so i would really have no use for this myself, but it does look quite nice tho

15. Nige

Nige Buy American ....

I was gonna buy one but I have a laptop so I talk to people on MSN via my laptop much easier than talking too people on the 360 !

16. Jo3lT

Jo3lT 100% British Beef

Looks quite tidy. Might buy one too lol