1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configurator showroom

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by Fear Deer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

I was under the impression that the E 63 had wider front and rear wheel arches. Turns out that it's only the front that is different, which is disappointing. I thought they've learnt from their mistake with the C 63 sedan. :(

2. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

For me it works (german website):

[​IMG]

3. The Compensator

Yes, they've repaired it.

4. The Compensator

[​IMG]

the grille looks good

5. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Is that a photoshop or does the base E63 allow for that grille option? The E63 S doesn't...

Here's the E-Class Allroad All-Terrain. This one's configured with almost all stuff on it (and the badges off of it). That means the price went up from 58.101,75 euros to 102.018,70 euros. And this is the entry model 220d (I think everything's gonna be 4-cylinders that this car will see).

Avantgarde vs Exclusive interior only changes the direction of the lines on the center surfaces of the seats, Exclusive's are longitudinal while Avantgarde's are from left to right. The car below doesn't have either because it has the designo Nappa Leather option which eliminates some of the dividing into patches, and adds a diamond pattern.

Seems servo-closing doors are back on the equipment list. What I found odd was the option of ''fuel tank with increased capacity'' still measuring a lousy 66 liters. They really do everything to get in the lowest tax classes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The Compensator

Yeah, it's a shoop. It won't be possible to retrofit it cuz the E63 hood is different, though.

Why do the AMGs not have as many leather options as low-tier models? Doesn't make sense.

7. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Regarding colors, no idea, but you can always take care of that for an AMG. In fact it should be the easiest to choose from because they got their whole AMG Performance studio's thing set up for that, where the other engines are just mass production and that would take more time to incorporate special requests.

Regarding layout of the pattern/stitching/shapes: they use seats these days to indicate which Line or model you've chosen and for the AMG's there's little left to choose unless you want it to have the same seats as a 220d.

8. The Compensator

I know there's a whole department for special things, but still, I think, being a top dawg model, there should be more than beige, brown, and black leather options from the factory.

9. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Who knows. Maybe in previous times so few people chose for red or light grey that they only those the most popular colors to continue with, and the dark blue only for top-end luxury cars. Maybe they also did it to save money on having to put each color through validation. Or maybe some floaty interior trend analyst told them these are THE colors and the rest is soooooo not done in 2017. Little bit like with paints... unfortunately Merc isn't like a Lamborghini or Ferrari where people love strong actual colors.

10. The Compensator

Yeah. BMW M does have quite a range, though. Red, beige, brown, white-ish, black, then you've got Individual leather that is in catalogues and on top of that they do total custom stuff. Most cars on sale are obviously black on black, but the number of special orders must be quite high, too.

11. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

Facelift GLA looks quite good, especially as AMG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also comes with VXR/OPC wheels:

[​IMG]

12. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Did you spec that last one? Did you try and make the most offensive awful looking GLA as possible? :p

That said, it doesn't have stupid stickers or stripes like Merc loves at the moment, or that huge wing.

13. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

You can order the Edition1 cars WITHOUT the stripes, it's an option similar to omitting the type designations. Just like the rear wing is optional for the AMG versions, part of the aerodynamics pack or as a standalone item.

And no, the lightbrown one was to show the new color they added :p

14. The Compensator

should've shown also that yellow night edition so that we can all go puke ourselves. :wise:

15. CLR-GTR

CLR-GTR Bunchie farmer

16. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes please :drool: Though i'd have the black wheels without that silver rim, if that wasn't possible i'd spec a different wheel. They're a bit too chavvy C63 AMG for my liking.

This is a very expensive car, no wonder Porsche are sharing this platform with Bentley, they've officially entered Bentley price territory.

hassan1995 likes this.
  17. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Brown and cream leather with wood trim, calm down there grandpa.

18. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

It does look good though, does it not?

I'm very against carbon fibre/alumnium interiors at the moment, I think the Walnut looks rather good :hmmm: I'd have to see it in person though, or else I'd go with Piano Black or something.

19. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

I love cream leather, but I (usually) hate wood trim. I think piano black would be nicer, not sure what colour the dash/carpet should be. All cream can be a bit... much, you know?

20. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

The configurator doesn't let you change toooo much, as the doors are a bit too cream for my liking, the rest is fine though. If I had piano black i'd have to get rid of the brown though, and I quite like the brown/cream combo.