1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camels Mini

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Camel, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Camel

Camel New Member

I think I ran out of petrol. >.< I knew I should of got some on Sunday as it was in the red using months old petrol.

At least I hope I've run out of petrol. Engine turns over fine and it did start a little bit but then stalled again. All I wanted to do was move it to the side a bit so I could clean it, take a few pics and check some other stuff. Don't want to keep trying till I get more petrol as it'll drag all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

[​IMG]

Gotta wait till Thursday to get some petrol now. :(

2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

It's not RIP mate, it's simply hibernating. Leave it be till you can feed it and it should be good. Alternatively grab a jerry can and a pipe and go play some Siphon Filter. :D

3. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

Doesn't sound a problem, just grab a pipe, bag of mints & two 2 litre bottles of coke, empty one of the bottles. Guess the rest from there :lol:

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team

This is Mellors remember, he needs instructions just to be able to get up stairs.

iNotACactus and MrLolololXD like this.
  5. Camel

Camel New Member

Or just get the petrol can from my dads on Thursday and drive his car to the petrol station? :hmmm:

6. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

Point there. :lol:

Find a car with petrol, then open the filler cap(ProTip: a brick may be required for 'excessive entry' if it's a premium car), then remove the Fuel cap(ProTip: Again additional tools may be needed here, a coat hanger or a hair clip often do the job). Once open drop the pipe down, get a mint or 5 ready and have the empty bottle at hand. Put the other end of the pipe in your mouth and give a quick suck. Once the fuel is moving up the pipe quickly take the end your mouth and point it in the bottle. Quickly have the mints. When done remove the pipe and walk off. :nods:
    The other bottle of cake was only bought as it was on offer for getting two.

Of course if it's a newer car it'll have a 'anit theft' device in the way of the tank...

Not that I know any of this from experience... :leaves:

That could work...but not much fun :cheeky:

iNotACactus and KoenigseggBG like this.
  7. hassan1995

hassan1995 ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I thought you actually ruined your car glad to see you didn't.

I apologize for calling you an idiot.Sorry.

8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

Just ask a bee to pee in the fuel tank

BP for those of you who don't get it

9. Sponge

Sponge Spongify

If it's a carbed engine, just spray a bit of easy start in the carbs and top her up. You'll be reet :)

If there's crap in the tank, just siphon it off?

10. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

11. MrLolololXD

MrLolololXD Resident Supra Owner

You're a patient man Lemac, I would have cracked the crappers by now and walked to the nearest place that sells a jerry can and petrol.

12. iNotACactus

iNotACactus New Member

Nice work camel. :ym:

13. Camel

Camel New Member

*fills car with rice*

The floor lining and carpets were frozen solid. Need to find the leak(s). Also need to find where the floor drain plug things are and take them out for a while to let water drain out. Just got as much of the water as possible out of the car, gonna let the rice do the rest.

I think I know where it's coming from, there's some rust just behind the dash in the scuttle panel and I'm hoping it's not gone all the way through as the paintwork is fine on the outside, no bubbling. Should be able to sand it away and bodge it up with some filler.

Had a decent look underneath and all the floors look sound, no rust. But the rear subframe is a bit rusty, again hoping it's just surface rust and I can sort it myself. It did pass the MOT in May with slight corrosion, although they said it was the floors which I'm not sure if they were redone.

14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

My old car once started leaking water into the passenger footwell, after a few attempts (added silicone, removed quarter panel and loads of leaves stuck inside) I just sold it to some other schmuck. :)

15. Camel

Camel New Member

Still doesn't work. :(

Spent half an hour defrosting all the locks so I could get in. It sounds better each time I try though. But it is -1 and the oil is quite low.

Got some screen wash and 20/50 classic car oil. Just need to get some wood to make some ramps and get the car going to chance the oil.

16. Mb

Mb The Photographer

Did you put some petrol in the carbs?

17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 .

Do you have anti freeze in the coolant?

18. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Moderator
    tduck team

Ducks in the boot?

19. Camel

Camel New Member

I have ducks in the boot yes.

Couldn't do much under the bonnet as my fingers were frozen after getting into the car. Sunday will be the next day that I can do anything. :(

20. iNotACactus

iNotACactus New Member

Did you try turning it off and on again?

• About Us

Started back in 2007, our community has been around for a good while and throughout all this time our core focus has been to provide a fun and laid back place for the discussion of driving and racing games and gaming in general, along with freqent automotive and motorsport related chat too. So, no matter what style of player you are, from arcade thrills to hardcore sim-racer or free roam explorer to circuit hot lapper, if it's about driving or racing in some form then we're up for talking about it. And if you are a keen photo moder, virtual photographer, video creator or streamer, then feel free to share those too. Cheers!
  • Feed the duck!

Running and maintaining a community like this is hard work, especially when it's done by a bunch of idiots! And so, if you enjoy visiting here and would like to help us out. We would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Donate to us!