1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calster's "Fleet"

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by calster17, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. calster17

calster17 Resident rubbish car fan.

Was up on the Old Military Road (B974), which is one of the many great driving roads that's within a hours drive from where I live. Has eveything, narror roads, tight bends, steep inclines & declines, great views and some great vista points and ends at a quaint little village. Dan (Fabai driver) got a video of the road on his GoPro which he mounted to the front bumper on the drive back, with me in the AeroD in front so expect to see that soon, both here & on Blown Turbos.

This is Halfway along the road at a vista point carpark.
    [​IMG]
    Civic AeroD & Skoda Fabia by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Not of the car, but the view from facing the camera the otherway...
    [​IMG]
    Zilla Landscape by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Also next week I'm doing a full check on it along with a service. Know that a rear bearing is on it's way out but can't decide which side, and the thermostat is missing or locked open so replacing that as well. Will start looking for new suspension, wheels and upping the brake disk & pads in the coming months if I think the car's not going to die.
    Also getting a free photo shoot of the car done next Friday. :nods:

2. calster17

:bump:

Had a photoshoot with friends the Friday just gone. He wanted to try out a few things & we wanted some neat shots of the cars. :nods:

I took this on my phone, but will have a pic or two from the shoot up here when I get the photos. :cool:

[​IMG]
    Guarding the Fort. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

2 of the least interesting cars even to be in a photoshoot? :lol:

3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

Holy blue batman! MG badge instead of the Honda badge would look cool :hmmm:

4. calster17

Yeah, it was really sunny & im not sure fully how to do effects on the camera. :lol:

If I put a MG badge on it, it'd be when i do the front end swap with the MG ZS. Facelift or Pre-Facelift. And i'd only get the MG sawp insted of the Rover if I had a swapped engine.(It'd be one of the sportier Honda Engines!)

So could end up a real hybrid :lol:

5. calster17

Update.

Since fitting the new thermostat, the engine is heating up now. The odd thing is the old 'Stat works fine(tested it), so god knows what the problem was...considering how although the engine tempture was't heating up, I was still getting heat from the heater....stumped me that but oh well it's fixed. :eek:

Next on the list of 'To do' (rather than, 'want to') is a new exhaust, the hole in it has finally gotten from being 'there in the background noise' to "cheap & tacky 'sports' exhaust"....time to get a bean can & some jubilee clips to sort it for the time being while I have a look at how much pipe I'll need to make a replacement. :nods:

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

I don't think I've even seen the facelifted ZS before, do that :nods: Get the engine later :p

7. calster17

The 45/ZS are the rarest of the 3 I find, the facelift's even more so.

When I was last at the pub talking about it, we got to thinking how the KV6 engine(Rovers 2.5 V6) should slot right into my car...which would be an idea over a Honda engine. :cool:

#27 calster17, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by calster17: May 6, 2013
  8. calster17

Some small 'upgrades' to the look of the car.

Covered the 'wood inside with some sticker wrap.
    [​IMG]
    The Dash. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    Personally it's came out really well, some small air bubbles sadly, but It looks fine now it's been there a few weeks. Just done the top part for now, still not sure whether to do the rest (around the Vent switches, down by the gear lever & handbrake). If anyone's intrested, this is the wrap i used.

[​IMG]
    The Civic's Engine. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    An engine shot, relised I haddent put one up as of yet. The writing was done by my friends...
    Will be painting the rocker cover soon, waiting on a rocker gasket to come first & going to do them in a onner. Shand blasting FTW! :D

And the newest thing, the Boot cover cover.
    [​IMG]
    Boot Cover, Cover. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr
    Why the Finish flag? Small boring story why.
    Oh, Btw I know it's the wrong way in the picture, it's been changed to be the right way since then. :)

More to come soon, such as the alloys I've picked. :nods:

killalldude and superhyper like this.
  9. superhyper

superhyper mamamamamamamadness

10. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

What's with the GTA4 blue filter on your photos?

11. calster17

I got a new phone(Sony Xperia), they all seem to be like that when the sun's out.

Had a look under my car at work, found the hole in the exhaust, sadly it's over a bracket so slapping a bean can over it wont be easy....going to try some repair paste and see if that'll hold out until I get a new exhaust, the whole system is rusted badly.

Also getting a new sticker made up for the car. :D

12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Leme guess the sticker name.... Blown Exhausts? :D

calster17 likes this.
  13. calster17

I see what you did there. :lol:

Nah, "I drive your Granddads car, It drives incredible". Was going to get it if I got the 75. When I see other Civic MA,B or C's it's always older people behind the wheel, and I like the song Thrift Shop

14. killalldude

killalldude SRT-Avant

That's odd. I have an Xperia Arc S and don't have that problem... Then again my phone is about a year old.

15. Fear Deer

Fear Deer Mc dolan hambargre luvin

have the arc s too, custom rom which has great software improvements on the cam, but it wasn't bad either with stock rom.
    Dad has the xperia s and the camera is even better.
    Don't have that issue personally calster

16. calster17

Mine is a J. As I said it's only when the suns out & bright That it happens. Maybe its the result of catching the sun on camera in the North East of Scotland that cause's this anomaly. :lol:

17. MrLolololXD

MrLolololXD Resident Supra Owner

Or maybe Scotland is just a very blue place

18. calster17

The blueness has been sorted on my phone, someone had left the protective film on it.....

Anyway, a few updates on the car.

Last weekend I got round to patching up the exhaust, the hole was the size of a golf ball...and was before the silencer. I also fitted my rocker cover gasket, as well as checked the tappets. All of them were fine, other than the inlet's for 4th cylinder which are a bit loose, but will be adjusting them when give the rocker cover a sandblast and re-paint. All thats left to fix is the rear wheel bearing, which I'll be getting done by September. :nods:

Now One thing that is baffling me is i'm loosing oil somewhere, its the head gasket and it's not leaking out the sump. Unless I'm burning oil, but it does't seem to be doing that ether! But when you top up your oil every weekend due to it...I really don't think it was the oil leaking out where the rocker cover gasket had broke! :-x

Next up is the new alloys, which I'm ordering next week! So expect to see them on when I get back from being in Edinburgh. :D

#38 calster17, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by calster17: Feb 14, 2016
  19. me™

me™ *turbo whistle*

Look at this piece of crap I found in Fraserburgh today!

[​IMG]

:D

20. The Compensator

The Compensator Future heel&toe historian

Take it to the scrapyard! :run: