1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biodesign conceps

Discussion in 'Automotive Discussion' started by TiMonZa, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TiMonZa

TiMonZa spark plug

Hi guys. Bio is my fav style so let's share here masterpieces and simply interesting examples of concepts of late 1980s - early 1990s. Those which we'd be so glad to have at least in a racing game. And i'll start with, let's see... This scale Mazda RX-44 here is an outstanding example of body forming, and it's so disappointing they haven't made a fully functional prototype. JTYJDTYJ.jpg
    With it's predecessor RX-33, also beautiful, but not so sexy car, was drivable 1988 Mazda RX-33_09.jpg

#1 TiMonZa, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
  2. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

That top one is cool looking; very futuristic. The bottom one scares me a bit, it's horrifyingly cute. :aah:

3. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

In order to contribute to this I had a look at what entails as biodesign and found a name that kept popping up: Colani. This guy is ahead of his time I think. A bit nuts too. :nuts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TiMonZa

TiMonZa spark plug

Yeeah, maestro Colani's works are eternal. Another cool concept car which appeared to be far more elegant than further production series (quite popular though) is Chrysler 300.
    [​IMG]
    And just look at the interior!
    [​IMG]

#4 TiMonZa, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited by TiMonZa: Jan 15, 2018
  5. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

These organic shapes were more popular in the 90's, although, there are some modern ones aswell. Like the Renault DeZir, that might not be very organic on the outside, the interior otherwise...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This interior with this red lighting behind the seats is something else.

And now, the trend on the bio-organic design is more towards the car structure, to make it bone-like.

Such as this Bertone project
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TiMonZa

TiMonZa spark plug

Famous design studio Ghia made with Ford several very nice concepts. Among those i can spot spider Focus
    92ghia_ford_focus_08.jpg
    92ghia_ford_focus_09.jpg
    Via
    89ghia_ford_via_3-lg.jpg.jpg
    89ghia_ford_via_2.jpg
    and my favorite Zig-Zag pair on Fiesta platform
    90ghia_ford_zig_3.jpg
    90ghia_ford_zig_2.jpg
    Besides Ford designers themselves did really cool things in those years, like Contour which is IMO beyond sexy
    91-Ford_Contour_Concept_DV-07_RMM_01.jpg
    91ford_contour_3.jpg

#6 TiMonZa, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Apr 13, 2018
  7. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Thanks to @TiMonZa: TIL 'Ghia' was not just a way to show a Ford model was the premier one, but was in fact a style house.

#7 Diablo, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  8. TiMonZa

TiMonZa spark plug

Yeah, they actually did many beautiful cars with american and european brands but mostly in 1950s-1960s. Speaking of design studios i can't miss Italdesign Columbus collabed with BMW. This is the most epic van i ever seen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]