1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathurst 12hr 2016

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Ryzza5, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

[​IMG]

40 exotic GT3 cars battle it out from car manufacturers Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW, Bentley, McLaren, Nissan, Audi, and Mercedes Benz. Bathurst is one of those races where despite the length, crashes, caution periods, and varying pit strategies, more often than not, the split time between podium finishers is less than a second. So don't miss out!

Official Stream: Live Stream | Bathurst 12 Hour

Nismo backup stream / qualifying replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_liUDz87mhA

Live Timing: Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour Live Timing | Bathurst 12 Hour
    Schedule: Schedule | Bathurst 12 Hour

Race coverage starts early Sunday morning Sydney time from 5:30am. (6:30pm Saturday GMT)

Forum favourite Rene Rast is on team Audi.
    McLaren have just won Pole Position. The 2:01.286 lap was recorded by V8 Supercar driver and sim racing fan Shane Van Gisbergen.

#1 Ryzza5, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 21, 2018
  2. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

That Pole lap is not accurate, you have the two numbers in the seconds area around the wrong way....

3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Will glance in at this at times. Thanks for the link.

5. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Was enjoying the night racing but it didn't last long. :(

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

How did the SLS not collect the Porsche there?! :eek:

7. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I said I would just glance at this but finding it being streamed LIVE on youtube which I can then watch via my console has had me glued since it essentially started. I think the Radio Le Mans commentator helps in keeping my attention too.

I'll probably not watch it till the end though unless it looks like a real close fight for the win. :sootired:

8. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

It usually is at Bathurst, it's essentially a 12 hour sprint race.

9. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

So happy and proud right now! Massive congrats to SVG and the Tekno team, doing us Kiwis proud SVG, rather fitting for it to be in a McLaren too!

10. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Knew he had it in him, as long as they avoided any costly mistakes (that a safety car couldn't fix anyway). :smig:

Respect to the Nissan driver for giving it everything at the end.

11. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Turned it off about 90mins from the end as the stream stopped but caught-up on that which I missed out on and that was a damn nice end to the race. Really was rooting for the McLaren to take it especially as it was in that colour :duck: but major props to the GT-R driver for thrashing the nuts and bolts trying to catch up. It did feel like the McLaren was taking it easier but 1 more lap and I think it would have been a different story!

Glad to see that the Bathurst races are getting a more international broadcast too, as it's one of the legendary circuits that every racing fan wants to see now and again.

12. Camel

Camel New Member

I hope there will be a highlights video put up on Youtube or similar. :nods:

13. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

Yeah, Shane had backed right off and was running in the 2:08's and not taking too many risks to get the car home in one piece.

14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member