1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audiosurf

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by S71NG3R, Feb 13, 2008.

1. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

If you like music and challenges then you have to try Audiosurf. http://www.audio-surf.com/

This is really fun and adds a new way to listen to music.

You can add you own songs and the game converts them to tracks for you to ride.

Here is the beta for you to try it out: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11638/Audiosurf

Full version is out Friday and buy the version from steam for added extras.

And a video I did with FRAPS so runs a bit slow and laggy.

#1 S71NG3R, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by Diablo: Feb 19, 2018
  2. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

Already bought the full version even before playing the beta as I liked the look of it so much. Now that I have played the beta I am really anxious to find out what the full version will be like as the beta was Fantastic ;)

3. hesonly5

hesonly5 Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I don't see the resemblance to the boxes and the song...?

4. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

Everything you see is different parts of the song the blocks are displayed from the intensity of the song and the speed going along the road is the speed of the song.

You have to try it with different songs then you can see it better than I can explain it.

5. Car Freak

Car Freak loves dirt too

It doesn't really work... My songs don't load... :(

6. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

What format are your songs?

If they are DRM protected you have to burn them to CD then you can use them.

7. Car Freak

Car Freak loves dirt too

mp3 files. but even on the audiosurf songs the screen just stays black. no track, no blocks no ship. just the score and song title

8. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

I just checked the forum and looks like some others have the same problem. What direct x and drivers are you using?

It could be because it's a beta and you may have to wait for the full version. There is a demo out on Friday so try that first to see if it's still the same.

9. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

Audiosurf demo is out now and it's worth your time to download it. The full version is also out now and for the money it's another bargain like the orange box.

There is endless hours of gameplay as the levels are your own music. I highly recommend this if you like music, just download the demo to see if your computer will run it.

There are some good characters that add even more depth to the game. It works well with any kind of song and some songs are just perfect.

Here is the demo if you have steam: http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=12910

10. ShadowGT

ShadowGT I <3 Boobies!

Here's my vid from my locked topic of me playing Audisurf

#10 ShadowGT, Apr 15, 2008
  11. The Queen

The Queen <3 Ferrari F50

Cool video. I agree with Stinger though, there was no need for a second topic about it ;)

12. eleKtro

eleKtro Contain Your Orgasms

I have been looking for this topic, my mate told me about this game and I heard of it when stinger made this thread but didn't take much notice, so I tried the beta then bought the game asap :D Such good fun! The hardest song is with

Ninja Mono
    Flux - Bloc Party

Post videos or screenshots of your score with this song and character I will make a video.

13. eleKtro

Ok I know I suck in this video, but the traffic is so hard! So many gray blocks it's really hard! Especially on Elite characters :D

#13 eleKtro, Apr 15, 2008
  14. ShiZzl3

ShiZzl3 Banned

What a crap song....:rolleyes:

#14 ShiZzl3, Apr 16, 2008
  15. ShadowGT

ShadowGT I <3 Boobies!

It's Hardcore Techno from Bonkers 17:Rebooted. I loves me some hardcore :D

16. eleKtro

I don't mind the song, but it's one of the best songs to play with because it's got really high traffic.

17. Who

Who It's not a tumor.

hey guys, sorry to bump the thread, but i just bought audiosurf and i'm playing the hell out of it, such a great little game!

what are your usernames guys? i'll add you to my friendslists so i can see (beat :p) your scores

18. Immelmann

Immelmann Custom User Title

My, nearly an 11 month bump there Who :p

19. T3hReaper91

T3hReaper91 New Member

I Believe mine is T3hReaper but i could be wrong

20. S71NG3R

S71NG3R New Member

My ID is S71NG3R76 I'm currently playing the hell out of the new prodigy album when I get any free time, it works really well with this. Also doing some of their older songs too so you'll see me near the top of the casual leader boards on most of their songs. :cheeky: