1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDUCk A new chapter for turboduck!

Discussion in 'News, Support & Feedback' started by Diablo, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

I Am Leaving But This Is Not Goodbye

After more than 11 years of being the admin and owner of this here community I have decided that it is time to fly the virtual nest (wait, do ducks have nests?) and hand control over to someone else who can really make the :duck: fly! (harhar, me do pun)

It’s been an amazing amount of time and a hell of an experience being the main muppet of this place and I will miss some of the behind the scenes work. And it still amazes me that I have watched a number of members here grow up and mature, going from being punk kids who hate school to becoming adults and moving on with their lives. Some of you have even confided in me how finding this place benefited you in ways I could never imagine which was extremely humbling.

I have also met some of you incredible in real life. Getting to travel with that crazy lot down to Namco Bandai Partners in London was superb. Every one of them was a real character and a barrel of laughs. Hopefully, we’ll get to meet up some time again guys!! :bigsmile:

Meeting people for real is generally a rare thing with online communities, and even though the vast majority of those I have interacted with on here have been only through text or chat in a game, I do consider a number of them friends who I would very much like to meet. It may sound weird, but those times where we all jumped on to play a few hours of whatever game gave the same feeling and sense of enjoyment as meeting up with my mates for a drink at the pub. In the sense that the banter was flowing and so were plenty of jokes. And of course a good amount of these times had alcohol present! :D

From humble beginnings to becoming a known name in certain gaming circles, and in such, getting noticed by the people behind them. Resulting in being able to get to know and meet Mr Nadal and all of Eden Games, Lee ‘Pizza & Games’ Kirton formerly of Atari and now Namco Bandai Partners, and having back and forth conversations with sterling community managers such as Soufyane and Natchai at Ubisoft. There are probably more but my stupid memory cannot remember who they are. :confused:

Last but not least I come to all of you guys, the members. Whether you are someone who shares their excellent in-game or real life images and video, a modder putting out good stuff for the community to use with their game, or just simply a chatty sod. Know that I have enjoyed seeing all sorts here. :tup:

I wish I could say more and be more epic with this but you all know how terrible I am at this sort of thing. So, I will say my goodbyes but rest assured I am not leaving, I will still be around, but not in an official capacity, and in a funny way this will actually not only help me, but also help this place as the new boss can surely give it what I wasn’t able to.

I got a bit of time as one of the better members to show the new boss around and give them the wealth of my experience (oh boy) before I become one of you scum.

And so with that, all I have left to say is... smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast! :crazy:

Cheers!

Diablo
    (former community Admin & Owner)

So.. uh what?

Q: Who is the new owner of turboduck on tduck?
    A: The new owner is now in control and uses the @Diablo account.

Q: Who is Diablo now then?
    A: Diablo, as they used to be, is now under the @insaneone username.

Q: Will Diablo still be around?
    A: Of course they will, but as @insaneone as this is who they are now (and has always been! :cheeky:).

Q: Why did Diablo leave?
    A: They haven't left, they are now known as @insaneone and so is still here. As much as the original Diablo loved this place, they knew it was time to pass it on so that the :duck:'s future could be preserved. :cool:

#1 Diablo, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited by insaneone: Apr 24, 2018 at 2:57 PM
    Reason: added a little FAQ
  2. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

This is me now. Myself is in new pyjamas. I am the insaneone!!! :nuts:

Diablo likes this.
  3. Minime891

All i can think to say is thank you for all those years you put into TDUC. :duck:

Djey and insaneone like this.
  4. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Welcome once again @insaneone ! Your continued contribution will benefit one and all. Cheers!

insaneone likes this.
  5. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

@Diablo thank you for keeping this place together :lol:
    I was just a kid when I joined this place, we've grown so old now some of us even got married @Ryzza5 :mhmm:
    and welcome @insaneone :duck: hope you l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶a̶t̶s̶ enjoy your stay here :cheeky:

Ryzza5, Milli, Diablo and 1 other person like this.
  6. DonnieBrasco

DonnieBrasco Ohana Cruiseanostra

I can also only say thank you for all the work and help! *bowdown*

During the TDU2-years this here became something like a 2nd (or 3rd) home to me and you were always there for instant help. Hope you still stay around here in one way or the other. ;)

insaneone likes this.
  7. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Haha yeah I know, it's crazy to think about this. Literally watching people growing up has been one of the most surreal things about this place for me.
    Thanks Donnie. I do intend to hang around and hopefully even contribute like I used to. Really been missing catching up with folk here online and doing the old virtual photography bit.

8. Microphone

Microphone #Myk2016
    tduck team

Wow Diablo, I knew you were old, but retirement?! :cheeky:

I have to say a big thanks for everything you've done for this place and for me over the years Andy, this place became a refuge for many of us when either the offline world was getting too much or simply too boring. I know how much time, effort and money you've put into this place and I hope you enjoy having the weight of this place lifted off of your shoulders. Make sure to keep in touch!

9. Milli

Milli An eternal apprentice.

@Diablo

All i can say is my most honest thank you, for so much years of dedication and hard work to keep this place running.

[​IMG]

Enjoy your retirement, take a rest, and come back. And for last, but not least, welcome to the pleb. Lol

P.S. Who's the new leader we should ask/annoy when things go wrong?

insaneone likes this.
  10. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Hey Milli, here's the new manager and you are welcome to annoy anytime lol. Thanks for being apart and for all your contribution. Cheers! ;)

11. Milli

o_O I am confused.

12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

@Diablo probably has logged in as @insaneone to test things are working properly and has replied from the wrong account. All of these years later and still living up to the floored expectations. :)
    Thanks for all the good times mate. If you're ever in Melbourne, look me up and I'll have that beer with you. Or toast.

insaneone and Diablo like this.
  13. Milli

Still confusing.

I mean, if insaneone is Diablo, but Diablo is retiring, why does he needs a new account?

Also, if this is a case where he posted with the wrong account, that means insaneone, who is Diablo in fact, is going to take control. So, in the end, Diablo is retiring and also taking over at the same time.

Is this a wormhole where he can bend time and space? I am 157% confused. More than before. Lol

Edit: that is a cruel thing to do. Just because i am blonde, being clever is not my best. Lol

DonnieBrasco and Diablo like this.
  14. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

Okay guys, let me clear the air here :p
    Diablo, the original owner is now @insaneone and the new owner is taking over the same Diablo account. The "leaving" message was sent before leaving as diablo and becoming insaneone.

This Diablo is the new owner and I'd like to thank one and all for all your contributions so far. Let's keep it up. After all, we are family :)

DonnieBrasco and Milli like this.
  15. Ozzmcom

Ozzmcom BBW-ingame

16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Notable Member

Can we still create a thread to throw around more interesting conspiracy theories anyway? :nuts:

I get some things are probably hardcoded to that userID but is it ok if you two change usernames or avatars or something?

17. Milli

Is Diablo, the new Black Panther? :hmmm:

18. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

Hey Milli, thanks for the extremely kind words and also for using a GIF of what was one of my favourite films. :cool: (I've lost a good bit of admiration for Carrey because of the whole anti-vac thing)

Nope. The Diablo account is now in the hands of the new owner and I am sitting comfortably being the insaneone. :nuts:

I will be so sure to do this Ry. And thanks for everything you have done over the years for this place and for me. Without you at points, both this place and myself would have crashed and burned hard.

Thanks for this Milli, you made me burst out laughing. Although technically, it is completely true. I, who was the original Diablo have retired from being Diablo and now the new Diablo who is no longer me is in charge. So yeah, what you said is indeed correct. :p

I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Umm, I haven't seen that film yet but my dad took my brother and they both enjoyed it so I'm going to say, yes, yes I am.

19. Milli

:lol: That was not intentional. I do love that movie though. And i don't know, i think we can still enjoy and admire his work as an actor, despite his personal/political issues.

So, Diablo is indeed the new Black Pather, but in the same way, you are not. Lol I mean, i don't think this will spoil the movie, since it's the hero characteristics, Black Panther is not a person, but something like a role. The old one retire, and the new one takes over, including the Black Panther name. Lol

By the way, the movie is nice, has it's ups and downs, but it's good entertainment.

P.S. If you're not Diablo anymore, what should i call you now? I'm used to Diabs, not sure if i can rename someone like that. :lol: Y U DO DIS TO ME?

#19 Milli, Apr 23, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    Last edited by Milli: Apr 23, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    Ryzza5 and insaneone like this.
  20. insaneone

insaneone me, myself & I
    tduck team

I knew how much this would mess with your head, that's why. :nuts:

Milli likes this.