1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few Questions

Discussion in 'TDU1 - PC' started by Iced_Bullet, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Well after a few days of playing TDU, I have managed to get to Expert level, however the pictures I ahve taken in-game look perfect on full settings, HDR and x4 AA and 1280x1024, so how comes when I view the pictures say in Photoshop, they do not look anywhere near the quality when I was taking them, and also when im driving around?

Such as these.... However the last 2 have v good quality, so is this just down to the luck, and you have to fiddle with the angle, or is there something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. alabama619

alabama619 Clan Owner

The second to last one is a bigger resolution so that one is the best quality, as for the other losing quality, i dont know sorry

3. Iced_Bullet

Iced_Bullet Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Yeah IDK how it changed resolution :S I'll see if I cn play, I'd thought that they were all the same :p, thanks for pointing that out!

4. ScaR

ScaR New Member

well in photoshop, just change the resolution, and it should look as good :)

5. BlueAssassin

BlueAssassin Just a *********

I don't know about the resolution, but I do know that sometimes cars in photos show up with little jaggies here and there - that's perfectly normal.

6. pizza52

pizza52 New Member

Are you sure your running AA? That's more than just a few jaggles. Also without AF it's never going to look very good.

7. Speed

Speed Can You Feel It?

IcedBullet here -

Well yeah I know, but the probelme here is the picture which has been taken is not the desired resolution. ie. my in-game res is 1280x1024 and my desktop is the same, so why do the pictures (except that good one :S) take it in 1024x768??

This is my problem, not the photshop things...

8. alabama619

alabama619 Clan Owner

When you upload it, it automatically resizes it by the looks of things

9. Iced_Bullet

Yeah, but if you click enlarge (on the bigger picture, then it's alright) I'm saying that all my pictures are in 1024x768 res, before ive uploaded them, I just view them in photoshop....

10. Smoothfonzo

Smoothfonzo New Member

Generally, when saving in photoshop, it will ask you how much you want to compress the file, so make sure you're not saving at too low a quality otherwise you'll start to see artifacts. Also, by default, an image loaded up into photoshop will automatically be resized to fit the screen, which means you're not looking at it fully zoomed in, while it's not physically resized. This tends to confuse people. Lastly, pictures will look darker when loading them in photoshop. This is because when you're playing the game, the gamma is applied dynamically using the videocard processing. You just need to adjust the image until you get the same levels to how it looked in game.

11. Iced_Bullet

Thanks, but I sorted my problem out, I knew about the 'Also, by default, an image loaded up into photoshop will automatically be resized to fit the screen'!

The problem was that when I loaded TDU I didnt have my desktop background to 1280 x 1024, it was 1024 x 768... so I changed the in-game res to 1280 x 1024... this is why it didnt work... You need to open TDU with the desktop to the required res first :p