1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various A community project: "Around The Ground: Kish" [Official Modders Thread]

Discussion in 'Driving & Racing Games' started by DΛN, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DJayAftermath

DJayAftermath New Member

Will the dash on every car works? speedometer, odometer, g-meter and all that.

2. DΛN

DΛN

Yes, they all do, as long as the modders add them to the project. (G-Meter is like TDU1 and always is available)

#42 DΛN, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited by DΛN: Nov 15, 2018
  3. DΛN

DΛN

Today I finished adding platform and tire simulation, they are GPU computed (Your graphics card simulates the physics of vehicle platforms instead of CPU, this way it will be much more optimized and performance-friendly) and it is 100% possible for modders to add their own custom 3D models of a platform to a modded car.

4. DΛN

DΛN

New tire deformation demo, 100% GPU calculation lets the physics super optimized.
    Real 3D Tire data will be used for tire friction soon.
    Here's the demo:
    0.gif
    Please consider "like", "retweet", "share" and support this project if possible.
    Your engagement on this one and only official modders thread of the project is appreciated.

#44 DΛN, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited by DΛN: Nov 22, 2018
  5. DΛN

DΛN

Here is the full map of ATG: Kish!!
    This map has not been finished, yet.

Unity 2018-10-13 14-01-18-74.jpg

6. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

nice steak

DΛN likes this.
  7. DΛN

DΛN

Hah!! That's indeed a huge (~92 Km2) steak that uses ~8 GB of RAM, But it takes ~128 MB when a normal player streams its chunks in their laptop during playing the project. :)

8. DΛN

DΛN

Here are some TDuck exclusive screenshots of the island of ATG: Kish. I'll share them in my Twitter later.
    Unity 2018-10-13 13-59-42-23.jpg

Unity 2018-10-13 14-08-20-87.jpg

#48 DΛN, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited by DΛN: Nov 29, 2018
  9. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

are you actually modeling out the roads or are you placing them down as splines in the engine? i still have no clue how to make environments the most effective

10. DΛN

DΛN

I did both modeling the roads and using the tools of the game engine. If you need help, ask and I'd be glad to talk about the technical stuff! :)

#50 DΛN, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited by DΛN: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:50 AM
    Reason: Deleted some unrelated contents from this reply message, for technical questions go to the PolyCount's forum and ask me your technical questions there. :)
  11. DΛN

DΛN

The project's Instagram account here: https://www.instagram.com/ATG_simulator .
    The project's Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/ATG_simulator .
    A Facebook page is set up but it has not been published, yet. Its URL is https://fb.me/ATGsimulator .

For your information, I've planned to organize the social media pages not soon.

Reminder: This Turboduck thread is the official modders thread and it will remain the official modders thread of the project forever.

Notice: The project will take a temporary break sometime soon as I have to do some work in real life, follow me and the project's social media for further information.

#51 DΛN, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    Last edited by DΛN: Dec 9, 2018 at 7:06 PM
  12. kmix-rider

kmix-rider Member

The time you used to create these useless social medias should have been used to dev the game. Sad.

13. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Super Moderator
    tduck team

And the time you used to write that post could have been used to go wash some dishes or do something productive.

No need dude.

DΛN likes this.
  14. TDUZoqqer

TDUZoqqer whomst'd that

Wow this must have been the most useless human being produced thing I've seen the whole month. Congrats for that

15. Diablo

Diablo Administrator
    tduck team Admin

EVERYONE HAVE A NICE DAY!

DΛN likes this.
  16. DΛN

DΛN

Actually, thank you for your concern about the project. I appreciate the motivation of your reply. And I can't wait to share a beta version ASAP, too! :)
    However, you have to understand that if I make the game and nobody knew about it, then nobody could play it. Therefore, I have to make those accounts right now for the future of the project. This way, more people will be aware of the project in the future. I hope you learned why I set up those currently useless accounts.

Don't worry about it, I continue devising the project until February 2019. After that, I have to move to somewhere else and work fulltime, which may cause to temporarily stop the development process of the video game for a quite of time.

Hah :D

Guys! Thank you for all your support. :)
    Stay tuned for a bunch of updates until Feb 2019! :)

#56 DΛN, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:44 PM
    Last edited by DΛN: Dec 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM
  17. DΛN

DΛN

Here is the Trello page of the project: Trello .
    You can see how many stuffs are left for sharing a beta version of the project there. Check it out now! :)

#57 DΛN, Dec 9, 2018 at 8:45 AM
    Last edited by DΛN: Dec 9, 2018 at 9:28 AM