1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'67 Ford Mustang Coupe Project

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by SBCriss, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Car Freak

Car Freak loves dirt too

Hmmm it's an automatic :( New rims look good though

Was this a runner when you got it, and what engine's it got?

2. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

When i drive this ill have one of these plates on my car: new plate or old one

Well yes, it's an automatic BUT i will change that 200%, but that will be expenisive.. i'll probably built it into a manuel when i get a job and when i earn some money. By now, i'm still a student and only get money for birthday or christmas :p

The engine is a 351 Clevland, V8 (what else? :p), 5.8L , abou 300HP

Tomorrow will will take the engine out of the 'stang, and start to restore the engine :D

3. Leadfoot[YT]

Leadfoot[YT] COTM Creator

You, sir, have my infinite respect! This project, and doing it by hand with a pre-working-days budget? That's something not many people can even try to do.

-Leadfoot

4. Jim1945

Jim1945 Mustang fan

A 351 Clevland !! Yeaah ! :D :cool: I only have a 289... :cry: (mais c'est déjà pas mal ;))

#24 Jim1945, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by Jim1945: Aug 29, 2010
  5. Car Freak

Car Freak loves dirt too

Man, I MUST drop by for a visit if I'm ever in the area...

6. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Haha thanks :D Yes this is a car that won't be finished tomorrow, or in 2 years.. If me and my dad would have the money, we would restore that car in less then 8 months. But hey, that isn't even fun anymore, when you restore a car in such a short time ;)

You have a Mustang? :D please send me your msn (or email) address, then you can show me pics of your 'stang :D

Well you live in Singapore and I live in Luxemburg, that's a hella long distance :p

7. 86GT

86GT Some guy

Wow! Good luck with your project. It looks great so far. I've always wanted to restore a old Mustang like that but I just dont' have the time or money :crying: Oh well. Someday! Good luck! :thumbsup:

8. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Dude, in the states the mustangs are much cheaper then the one here in europe. But the americans know that their mustang are bought by european guys for like 3000$. And now they make the stangs expensiver.. So if you want to buy one, i think now is the last chance that you can buy one for good price..
    If you want i can look on the internet to find a cheap one for you ;) you live in texas right?

Here you got one for only 600$ clicky!

I dont know what year ur looking for but [URL="http://www.cars-on-line.com/fd13_60-69orig.html'']here[/URL] you will find one ;)

#28 SBCriss, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by SBCriss: Sep 1, 2010
  9. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Here some new shots, only thing left in the car is the engine, everything out :) No electricity, no windows...

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I'll go in vacation on friday, so it doesnt make sense to take out the engine.. So we decided to restore some little details:

10. "Hedge"

"Hedge" a.k.a. Tdu_Hedge

o man!, i look forward to seeing updates of your intense project until it is completed! good luck man!

11. tdu66

tdu66 New Member

Lol, just found out about this project! Awesome build! :)

12. Jim1945

Jim1945 Mustang fan

Patience et persévérance, ta Mustang sera magnifique. Bonne chance !!! =)
    Patience and persistence, your Mustang will be wonderfull. Good luck !!! =)

13. 86GT

86GT Some guy

I just can't afford all of the parts. I'm getting a new car soon so I need that money for it. Also, nice progress! I'm lovin the pony badge!

14. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Thanks for your support guys :D
    And @86GT: Well what's your new car then? :p Maybe one day you will buy a stang, who knows ;)

Here some new pics of the restoration, backlights and frontlights are now restored, BUT the backlights doesnt look so good anymore (which is ok after 43 years :lol:).. The 2 backlights cost about 300€, which is really expensive for 2 lights..

Well here the pics, worked 2 hours on them today:

Before:

After:

15. TDUFREAK500

TDUFREAK500 Rotary <3

this is really starting to come along the lights and details look great, how many pieces is it in at the moment because my Grandad's Triumph "Bath Tub" is about a 150 pieces at the moment

16. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Do you mean how many pieces are in the car right now, or how many pieces are already restored?

17. Car Freak

Car Freak loves dirt too

I think what he meant was, that his Triumph is in 150 pieces ;)

Nice progress on your 'Stang though... BTW, is that a Mazda 2 in the background of your second pic?

18. Sponge

Sponge Spongify

She's looking awesome! I'd recommend a product called "Brasso" (Not sure if you Americans have it though!) Shines up most metals to a gorgeous shine.

19. SBCriss

SBCriss New Member

Thanks! Well thanks for this info i'll look where i can find it, and btw.. im not living in the states :p

And yes that is my mom's madza 2 in he background, why? :D

Here are 2 new pics.. ;)

20. ScoobSTi

ScoobSTi New Member

You...are...one...lucky...man...:drool: