1. jeff82_nz is offline Lotus driver

Thumbs up This is how to change your nickname in TDU!

Firstly, this is not an easy or non-risky process, only do this if you really, really hate your current nickname and know your way round a Hex-editor...

So, lets get into it!

Firstly, the profiles are stored in your My Documents folder in a folder called Test Drive Unlimited. The files in here are encrypted and cant be edited directly (at least I couldnt figure it out). There is also a file called ProfileList.dat which contains the profile names but doesnt seem to be used.

So how to change the name?

* Note that this method requires your new name to have exactly the same number of characters as your current name, so you could change your name from 'Jeff' to 'J3ff' but not 'Jeffrey' *

Start TDU
    Create a new online profile using the name you want to use.
    Logout and swap to your current profile.
    Delete the profile you just created.
    Go to your house view
    Alt-tab back to windows
    Load up a RAM editing program like WinHex, open the TDU process and do a search for your profile name. Change each one you find to your new name.
    Alt-tab back to the game.
    Click on the garage tab then back to the Home tab. This will force the profile to save.
    Exit the game.
    Reload and your new profile name should be in the profile list instead of your old name!

Yes its a mission and dodgy (do I even need to say backup your savegames folder first?) but does work!

2. -Dell- is offline Formerly known as MR-E46

Right. So um, is there a way to do that all in one sentence?

3. jeff82_nz is offline Lotus driver

lol dont think so (it would be a huge sentance). And where were you for the cruise tonight, it was awesome!

4. -Dell- is offline Formerly known as MR-E46

My dad's sick man, he's been in bed all day.. was taking care of him. I'll be out tomorrow for sure though

5. jeff82_nz is offline Lotus driver

sorry to hear that, hope hes ok

6. neilgt is offline Rusted Banger

Hope he's better soon.

7. -Dell- is offline Formerly known as MR-E46

Took him to the hospital this morning, turns out his appendix is infected

8. Forza is offline Diablo Wannabe

well.. getting back on topic
    has anyone else successfully attempted this?

woot woot 100th post
    1 rep ^^

9. nitrox is offline HC ES ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by -Dell- »
    Took him to the hospital this morning, turns out his appendix is infected
    mm, i wouldn't cruise to though if i would hear that, hope he get's better soon !

Ford Focus RS
    2.5 litres Inline 5 TurboCharged Engine
    300BHP
    simply said, "A Beast Amongst The Cars"

10. Enos is offline I spread love via Sigs!!

Sounds all too very complicated! lol
    100th Post 4 me!! Whoop Whoop!

11. McBain is offline Just a Skidmark

Noob here. I couldn't quickly sort out my Gamespy ID when I bought the game recently, so I created an offline profile to test the game out. Well, now I'm at Champion level, and I want to go online without having to repeat half of the challenges.

Does the method described in this thread work? Will I lose any possessions or points?

12. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

This thread is over 2 years old, and the original poster hasn't even been online for over a year, so it might be more productive if you made your own thread to find a way. Also to TDUC