1. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Default Top Gear Series 9 Episode 3 Prieview : Maybe considered as spoilers.

If any of you caught the episode in the last series where the lads went caravanning, I think you'll agree that, bar a few hiccups, it all went rather well. In fact, even as we watched the firemen put the last of the flames out, there was a general agreement that Jeremy, Richard and James should try this holiday lark again, and so, this week, you'll be able to see their American Fly-Drive special.

The trip began in Miami, Florida, but instead of renting some dull saloon with white paint and velour trim from Avis, the three of them were each given $1,000 and a morning to see if they could buy an interesting car - a car with a few character lines around its grille, and a few stories to tell - for the same money you'd spend on a fortnight's rental.

As it turned out, the buying alone was worth a film, because $1,000 doesn't actually get you much any more, which meant our expat trio spiralled further and further down the food-chain of Miami's car culture, until they ended up in a part of the city where the car dealers were outnumbered by the crack dealers.

Clarkson's salesman, for example, broke out his handgun and telescopic-sighted rifle much more often than he did his Glass's Guide. Eventually though, cars were bought.

Jeremy, typically, overstretched himself and bought a five-litre Chevy Camaro, the murderer's muscle car of choice. In fact, it even had the shirt of the last hitchhiker victim stuffed in the boot.

James, true to form, returned with a 15-year-old shagged Cadillac that had its suspension tuned by a trampoline maker, and Hammond, always a big fan of Brokeback Mountain, arrived in a battered old Dodge pick-up truck.

With the buying done, the adventure really began. The TG holiday cars had to be tested, so they headed north on an 800-mile road trip that aimed to take them up through Florida, across Alabama and Mississippi to the finish point of New Orleans. That's a tough trip for bargain basement cars that even the lowest low life in Miami wouldn't be seen in.

But to make life even harder, there were naturally some Top Gear challenges along the way. So tune in to see what happens when the boys run into the Stig's hillbilly cousin and find out what they cook up when they have to live off roadkill. If that little lot doesn't kill them, will the Alabama Inflammatory Statement Down The Side Of the Car Challenge finish the job?
    Sounds a good one, one big challenge for the whole prgram? Usually we get info on the star in a reasonably priced car.

2. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

Default Re: Top Gear Series 9 Episode 3 Prieview : Maybe considered as spoilers.

sounds like this one will be a good episode, there trips are the highlight with all there antics going on. Can't wait for the next episode.
    There last caravan/tent trip was so funny, setting fire to their caravan and the person beside them their tent went on fire too.
    lol

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Re: Top Gear Series 9 Episode 3 Prieview : Maybe considered as spoilers.

As long as it isn't as scripted as the caravanning one then it should be good.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Haha, must admit though it was hallarious. Trying to do the U-Turn with the caravan whe nthe police came ;

Jeremy : "Quick Hide in the bushes!!"

5. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

did you see the other one geting there car washed and the place caught on fire and they all ran. that was great, they got into so much trouble over that

6. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Oh come on that was halirious! As for the spoilers, I never read them espeically for Top gear
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

7. britracer is offline the dancing bananas

Sounds like a cracking episode. I enjoy all they're challenges. My friends dad was one of the fireman for the caravanning one!!

8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I like the Caravan one becouse they drive though my town (yes I own it, OK I don't but I wish), drive past where I fish and then crash into a post where we normally get our petrol just outside Ringwood.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

9. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

and there is your claim to fame, lets have your autograph lol

only juicing mate

10. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

LOL, This one tonite should be funny, its a SPECIAL whatever that means