Topic:

Is this bad?

1. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

Default Is this bad?

hi guys,

my pc is really got, i started to wonder about the heat and if it was bad, because i can feel the heat coming out of it. at idle it was running at that temp, in the pic below.

please tell me if this is bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. SLRRR is offline Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles »
    hi guys,

my pc is really got, i started to wonder about the heat and if it was bad, because i can feel the heat coming out of it. at idle it was running at that temp, in the pic below.

please tell me if this is bad.
    It isnt that bad. If you want to make it cooler, clean out your case and fans. What temps do you get when running Crysis ?

3. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

For your CPU and GPU both idling that is REALLY bad. Have you ever taken the heat sink/fan off the CPU? If so, you should have placed some heat transfer solution on the cpu, otherwise the heat sink will fail to cool it properly.

As for the GPU, make sure it has good airflow around it, as it probably doesn't. One way to uh make sure of this is by clearing away all dust, preferably with an air compressor/air in a can, and keep the sides on your case as this will prevent airflow disruption.

4. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

ill post a pic of the surroundings of the pc, i dont have the case on it, and havnt had it on for weeks, probably months

5. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

while on TDU.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

62 degrees on an E8400 :O mine runs at 52 at 100% load and thats at 4ghz you need to either re-seat your cooler or get a better case with more airflow.

whats your full rig including case and amount of fans ?

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

7. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

its:

Intel E8400 processor 3.0 ghz core 2 duo
    EN9600GT Nvidia ASUS 1gb DDR3 video card
    2GB kingston ram
    Asus P5E motherboard

the case doesnt have a name, all i know of is its a shaw..

8. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

this is it:

9. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Uh well for starters having the side off the case probably detracts from the cooling of the case as it does not have particular points to draw the air from, and therefore the air is probably getting trapped in there.

10. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

see i dont know why it is getting as hot as it is, when it has all thouse cooling things, eg, the brown thing middle - left.

11. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

cable management mate

12. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

they are away from all the fans and cards and all that

13. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

get a new CPU cooler mate the Intel one sucks,
    the case probably isn't up to holding a system of that spec really

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

14. RRacer is offline Go as fast as you can!

put a fan on it or something or make a hole in the wall behind your pc (oh wait it's summer there)

Proud owner of a Fanatec 911GT3RS and Clubsport pedals.