1. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Default When humans just.... Fails

Take A Cab: South Korean woman fails driving test... 771 times

by Chris Shunk on Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:28PM

Most people pass the driving exam on the first try, with a select few failing once or twice before finally getting it right. In South Korea, one woman has been trying to pass the written test since 2005 and has yet to pass. In all, the 68 year-old woman, known only as Cha, has failed the exam 771 times. Okay, so you're thinking that South Korea has some wicked-hard test that takes a MENSA certificate to pass. Probably not. Actually, you only need a 60% to pass, and Cha typically lands in the 30-50% range. Unfortunately, the test isn't cheap, either. Each and every failure costs Cha 6,000 won, which equals about $4.69 in U.S. funds. That doesn't sound like much, but spread over 771 failures, we're talking about $3,600. Cha is hoping to get a car to help her business. She sells food and household items door to door.

Well, Cha, we're pulling for you and we don't want you to give up. And we're proud of you for not cheating, too. We hear some people cheat by writing answers on their arms or hooking up their Bluetooth and getting answers from someone on the other end of the line. That would be wrong. But seriously, Cha... what's wrong with taking taxis?

[Source: Yahoo | Image: Chung Sung-Jun/Getty]

2. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman »
    Take A Cab: South Korean woman fails driving test... 771 times

We hear some people cheat by writing answers on their arms or hooking up their Bluetooth and getting answers from someone on the other end of the line. That would be wrong
    cant cheat here the test is always different and phones are not allowed too well in qld anyway

3. Cakeflour is offline Half Baked!

Lol, this sounds like Spongebob trying to get his licence.

Poor Mrs. Puff....
    Stiggy returns!

S.O.O.A.G.
    Smug Owner of a G25

4. Shoes[UNTIED] is offline TDU Nissan Enthusiast

Well, sucks to be her!

5. Sponge is offline Spongify

whoa. I thought my mother was a bad driver. (she is btw)

Personally. I wouldn't want someone on the road who's failed their test that many times.

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

6. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Haha, that`s almost impossible to believe. She`s 68, why the h4x does she still needs a license...

7. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Saw this yesterday..
    ehhh.... Maybe it's time for her to give up....?

8. BobbyV is offline insomniac

erm....is there even a slightly little chance that she is maybe....kinda....retarded?
    Or maybe she's doing it intentionally to brake the Guinness record or something?
    Whatever it is, I think this story smells really bad...

9. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Even though I read this on autoblog, when i opened the thread I just looked at the pic and thought the FAIL was that the front right of centre cab is a different yellow to the rest