1. Forza is offline Diablo Wannabe

Default help with a gaming PC

i got a little ... accident ... with my pc (im using my "olde duste laptope") and im praticaly going to buy a new one. Its mainly for gaming but i still havent decided the GPU: im betwen the 7900GTO (BRL 1,100) and the 8800 gtx (BRL 2,900) BRL= Brasilian Real= money from where i live xD. i know they are on a very diferent price range, but im wondering if i should get the 7900 (with a little memory overclock to run @ 1600 mhz) and wait for the dx10 gpus to hit a decent price range (or maybe for more powerfull dx10 gpus) or if i should get the 8800 gtx right away. My main concern its about the price since ill probably upgrade to a dx10 gpu anyway by the middle of the next year (not the price of the gpu itself, i can afford either of them). Im new (ok ima completly noob) @ hardware so you guys think the 8800 gtx (or maybe a more powerfull dx10 gpu) will have a lower enough price by the mids of 2008 to make it worth spending 1k now on a dx9.0c gpu? or should i get the 8800 gtx now? if i get the 8800gtx will i have to upgrade to a more powerfull dx10 gpu once they starting comming out?
    Last edited by Forza; 16/04/07 at 18:56 PM.

2. Johansen is offline Banned

Default Re: help with a gaming PC

i would have gone for the 7900gto its a very good card, and you can save some money.

3. Forza is offline Diablo Wannabe

im getting it next monday. right on time for the TDU release in Brasil (04/24). im gonna use the cash diference to buy a 19' LCD instead of the 17' i was gonna get

4. UkN0WnSCAA is offline GTP Racing

is it fast enough to run TDU because that would suck if it is not fast enough
    My cars:
    Audi A3, Chevy Z06, Jaguar XJ220

5. Smeep is offline Burnt-out Shell

personally, I think I would have gone for the 8800gtx card.. It's right up there with the best cards available right now, it kinda depends on whether you will be able to upgrade again as soon as the DX10 cards reach a decent price.

1st post BTW,... hi!!!

6. Forza is offline Diablo Wannabe

im considering to get a 8800 gts (BRL 1,500) instead of the cards i listed. and yes i believe the 7900gto is fast enough for TDU not that it matters much now

and welcome

7. tigacatch is offline The tiggs factor

Default Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Forza »
    im considering to get a 8800 gts (BRL 1,500) instead of the cards i listed. and yes i believe the 7900gto is fast enough for TDU not that it matters much now

and welcome
    The 8800gts 320mb is fast enough to handle the game and probably see you through the year.
    I've just build a new pc for a friend and that's what I got him.
    Times are tough at the moment for system builder as new technologies are emerging. Not the best time to buy high spec parts.

8. Forza is offline Diablo Wannabe

but i need to since my old PC is dead T.T