Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

Default Ferrari SUV???

Surprised with Porsche’s success on their Cayenne model, Ferrari is rumored to give a green light to produce a SUV. However, the only thing against the idea is the brand tradition and it’s true that the Italian producer is very conservative, so are the clients. We already know that beautiful is not enough, so the new one should be built to make it live up to the firm’s dynamic reputation.
    Since everyone needs profits, Ferrari is prepared to release their F151 project, the prancing horse SUV that would sell for more than €200,000 . They could start from Maserati’s 4×4 that is already approved for production, and work on it, but rumors say that the designers will have the task of starting fresh.
    If this will turn out to be true, the first Ferrari F151 prototype with V8 and V12 engines, will be released in 2010 with production starting a year later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Really soory if this is old news but I stumbled upon this while searching through car news websites. If it is something everyone already knows about then feel free to close the thread. I haven't seen it yet. It's and odd idea that's for sure. But I quite like it. What do you think?
    U mad bro?

2. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

I've recently seen a post on Autoblog saying that Ferrari WILL NOT by any chance make an SUV or a 4 door car. People and their rumors... Ferrari WAS NOT ment to build SUVs.

3. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I totally agree with you Balto. Just look at that picture in the first post! It seriously is hideous!

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    I totally agree with you Balto. Just look at that picture in the first post! It seriously is hideous!
    Ferrari 599GTB/BMW X6/Vette Z06/612 Scaglietti Mash-Up

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Ferrari said its gonna keep its image by not making 4 door cars/SUV's all that stuff should be left to its sister Maserati IMO, with the Quattroporte, and an SUV(or Crossover based on the Quattroporte) won't hurt the brands image at all/much.

6. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Am i the only one here that likes it?

Anyway in this financial crisis screw company image, if a sports SUV will sell well then chance's are Ferrari will make it to increase profits.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

7. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

No your not the only one. I really love this vehicle, i really really do.
    U mad bro?

8. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

so, if they were never going to make one, and never have, where did that image come from?

9. Evel is offline Hai

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles »
    so, if they were never going to make one, and never have, where did that image come from?
    Probably a photoshopped 612 Scaglietti.

10. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

Thats what I was thinking...

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

11. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Am i the only one here that likes it?

Anyway in this financial crisis screw company image, if a sports SUV will sell well then chance's are Ferrari will make it to increase profits.
    dude, We're talking about ferrari here.. they don't have financial problems, they just sell the cars for fun!

12. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

IMO I still think if Ferrari is gonna make an SUV, it should be a Maserati.

13. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

I don't think it's photoshoped. I checked the actual date of the release and it was actually months before Ferrari made their statment about no SUVs or four-doors. They must have changed their minds.

I tihnk it's a good idea. But the reality is, it will most likely never ever happen.
    U mad bro?

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

That image has been around for around 1 or 2 years

I highly doubt that Ferrari would make this 4x4, it would wreck its reputation, the fact that they've said that themself helps my arguement

It wouldnt be used offroad and any driver is obviously going to be a wag.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

15. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

why so hostile?
    U mad bro?

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by redvette77 »
    why so hostile?
    Whats so hostile about my post I can't see anything wrong with it, ive simply posted my opinion, and if i cant do that then god help us all as thats one of the main reasons for posting a thread like this
    Last edited by Microphone; 06/02/09 at 05:47 AM.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

17. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

maybe a few years ago, ferrari may have built it, with a very slim chance, but now look at the market, 4x4s DO NOT SELL, since the recession and raising fuel costs, 4x4s are becoming a bit of a dog in the modern market, i remember watching a program about recession and cars, and a family who had bought a dock off mitsu had been losing £200 a day on it since they bought it 2 years ago.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

18. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

*Pokes back of throat*

19. Samurai Lincoln is offline Exoticar Driver

I believe, in all honesty, that the picture in question has probably been around nearly as long as the 612 Scaglietti.

However, I could be wrong, as it also reminds me of the 599 GTB, both of which seem reliable candidates to photoshop for this.

Anyway, long story short:

Photoshop, slim chance of this actually coming to light.

Again, just my opinion.
    This is my signature until I can think of something better.

Mom's Spaghetti.

20. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I'll be suprised to see this surface, especially with the way the industry is atm.

I haveseen this a few months ago and can't really see why they would want to go into the SUV market.

Change the thread title so people searching can find it easier

Page 1 of 2 12 Last