Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Default Help on ~40 keyboards & mice, please

Well, title pretty much sums up what I am struggling to decide on.

I fancy a new keyboard + mouse, with the mouse wireless preferably, even better if the keyboard is too.

I like typing on laptop keyboards, as I think it's the shorter height of the keys, as opposed to the bulk standard 1cm high things ...

Please do not go above 50, as I know people always try and squeeze a little bit more out of people on things like this.

Cheers =)

Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Well, can you give me an indication on how much 40quid can get? Like how much is uhm i dont know, Undercover?
    Last edited by TDU 505; 05/02/09 at 14:36 PM.

3. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Do you mind slightly curved keyboards?

Microsoft do a great thin wireless keyboard and mouse combi called Desktop 6000 - usually about 37, but the keyboard has a small 'natural' curve that's meant to make typing easier:

4. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I have that set. It's not bad but the reciever is a bit dodgy after a while as I have noticed and the batteries in the mouse seem to last no time at all!

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by The Saturdays! »
    Well, can you give me an indication on how much 40quid can get? Like how much is uhm i dont know, Undercover?
    "40 British pounds = 87.2386771 Singapore dollars" From Google Convertor.

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »

Microsoft do a great thin wireless keyboard and mouse combi called Desktop 6000 - usually about 37, but the keyboard has a small 'natural' curve that's meant to make typing easier:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Images/Products/479650-a.jpg
    Nice find I am skeptical about using a curved one, even if it is slightly, as I use "normal" ones all the time.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!
    Last edited by Nodz86; 05/02/09 at 16:53 PM.

6. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Well i do believe Microsoft or Logitech would be the best bet. If you suddenly run into some extra cash, Saitek for their Eclipse II might not be too bad if you game. If gaming isnt what you have in mind, go back to Microsoft or Logitech then

7. T3hReaper91 is offline Car Aficianado

Logitech G15

Just a little bit more than 40 but u can get it under 50

CPU: AMD FX8350 x8 Black Edition 4.2Ghz O/C 4.6Ghz Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GPU: 2x MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 4Gb SLI
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    OS: Windows 8.1 Pro Microphone: AT2020 Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Logitech G910

Youtube

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Hmm G15, it has bulky keys and I don't think I need a keyboard that urh "technical"

Still can't knock it that it would be good if I was aiming for a gaming keyboard. But if I have a gaming keyboard I might be tempted more to not do my work and go on games ... need to try and reduce the distractions.

E: this looks like a good deal http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148873

HQ image - http://prohardver.hu/dl/new/2008-09/41305_cds520.jpg

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

That last one looks good. How long are wireless mice ment to last for as mine only last a couple of weeks (terrible advent set).
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Tbh I hate the Curve style keyboards. They feel a hell of a lot harder to type on to me. I'd recommend one of these if you don't want anything fancy:

*Can't find a better picture*
    It's the ADVENT ADE-WD1. It's a very nice feeling wireless mouse and keyboard. I've had mine for 3 years now and never had any problems, and I've used it with my PC, PS2, PS3, friend's laptop and friend's computer. I don't know how much it is now, but I bought it for 20 in Maplins in 2005 (or 2006, can't remember, pretty sure it was 2005 though).

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    Tbh I hate the Curve style keyboards. They feel a hell of a lot harder to type on to me. I'd recommend one of these if you don't want anything fancy:

--Pic taken out--

*Can't find a better picture*
    It's the ADVENT ADE-WD1. It's a very nice feeling wireless mouse and keyboard. I've had mine for 3 years now and never had any problems, and I've used it with my PC, PS2, PS3, friend's laptop and friend's computer. I don't know how much it is now, but I bought it for 20 in Maplins in 2005 (or 2006, can't remember, pretty sure it was 2005 though).
    Thats exactly what I have. The mouse is terrible, battary life is shocking and the laser isn't very good as it can't move in a stright line, really annoying when trying to highlight a line of text.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

12. Sponge is offline Spongify

I used to have a 9.99 LabTec set.

Wireless Optical mouse and Wireless keyboard. Was brilliant! It had all the buttons you'd need, inbuild media player controller.

The only reason why I no longer use it is because I have a new set (Reclusa and Habu)

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

13. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

If you don't like the curve, that Logitech S520 bundle looks good. Another one is the LX710 bundle - keyboard is usual thickness unfortunately, but you get a nicer mouse and media keys:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Logit...lver-UK-Retail

14. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

Logitech G15 and G9

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

15. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by macd79 »
    Logitech G15 and G9
    How much do they come to together?

16. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

lots.. ? is it 40 for both??

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

17. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »

I've got this one, the curve takes about a week to get used to. Sometimes the reciver plays up but its nothing major and the mouse is about 2.5m away from it and so is the keyboard.

18. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

89GBP for G15 and G9, Kal

19. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

If I had a 70 budget Id get this and a mouse - http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/794604...k/Product.html

I want the keyboard in the S520, but not the mouse, and no where sells it without the mouse

Quote Originally Posted by macd79 »
    lots.. ? is it 40 for both??
    The G15 is 54 and the G9 is 40, so if I wanted only a mouse, that would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    I've got this one, the curve takes about a week to get used to. Sometimes the reciver plays up but its nothing major and the mouse is about 2.5m away from it and so is the keyboard.
    Sorry for quoting images! =) I forgot this time =( *slaps own face*

20. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

I'm sorry, but there is only one contender here. The Logitech Wave.

Linky - 39.99

I have that exact one, and even though I use an MX1000 instead of the packaged mouse, its all wireless, all works, and looks wonderful. And don't be put off by the fact its curvy - you will get used to using it very quickly, and I find it so much easier to touch type on this than any other keyboard. Buy one now. And yes it doesn't have laptop style keys, but I don't see why they are better - they are so much harder to use!

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Search Tags

keyboard
mice
mouse