1. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Default My PC is always running hot

As you can see here this is it at Idle. I've taken the side off my PC in a attempt to keep it cool but that doesn't seem to do anything?

Fans are normally at 30ish % (except the last which always reads 100%) i had them at 50% to help cool the PC

I was playing TDU with T3HREAPER the otherday & when i minimised to check temperatures my GPU came up as 95 degree's & my CPU was in the 70's. Anyone know why my PC is always running hot?

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

2. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

is there still a heatwave?

3. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Apply some thermal paste or...

time to get yourself some aftermarket cooling fans.

4. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles »
    is there still a heatwave?
    Yeah. Not as bad as it has been but still pretty warm.

5. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

cleaned it out recently? my old hp box, basically exactly like yours, always filled up with dust pretty quick. now that you mention it, it was terrible at cooling. I got a 120mm fan stuck it on the back of the case blowing out and it made a big difference.

6. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

put the side back on. that usually has an adverse effect. buy more fans?

reapply thermal paste to cpu and buy a better cooler

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

7. mistermojo is offline Some Kind of Wizard

To be honest i wouldnt believe that. I use SpeedFan aswell, it thinks my overall PC temp is around 99C ingame, yet all the others are below 30C. At that temperate something would be on fire and/or melting, lol. I cleaned my PC out and tidied the wires before i used the software aswell. Also, taking the side of the case off disrupts the airflow so overall doesent really help.

My website | Check out the game I'm working on, Eden Star

8. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

search for MBM5 And Use That During Setup Down Worry About The Motherboard Not Being In The List Just Click Cancel And Configure Everything From The Program Yourself
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

9. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Whats MBM5? what does it do?

10. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Motherboard manager, it reads and controls various sensors/voltages on your motherboard. I would recommend sticking with speedfan though, as MBM doesn't really do much extra.

Aside from designing your case airflow (would need to know what it currently looks like) the only thing you can really do is either change the actual cooling on the components (new heatsink-fans) or underclock. If you don't need every last drop of power then even taking 10% off your GPU clocks/memory can make a huge difference to temperature.

11. SLRRR is offline Ace

You could do this

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

12. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

wouldnt it strain the fans?

13. SLRRR is offline Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles »
    wouldnt it strain the fans?
    Nope they are just running fine

14. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »
    Motherboard manager, it reads and controls various sensors/voltages on your motherboard. I would recommend sticking with speedfan though, as MBM doesn't really do much extra.

Aside from designing your case airflow (would need to know what it currently looks like) the only thing you can really do is either change the actual cooling on the components (new heatsink-fans) or underclock. If you don't need every last drop of power then even taking 10% off your GPU clocks/memory can make a huge difference to temperature.
    that was the best picture i could find lol

15. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

SLRRR, you know that this is false. They connected the monitor to a working PC, not to the one in the aquarium. It would be impossible, water would make a short with the fans and the video and the processor. The video is just so optimistic.

16. pyrre is offline Driving In Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    SLRRR, you know that this is false. They connected the monitor to a working PC, not to the one in the aquarium. It would be impossible, water would make a short with the fans and the video and the processor. The video is just so optimistic.
    It's not water, it's mineral oil And it's possible to do.

17. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    that was the best picture i could find lol
    *snip*
    Shadow, as I have said, I used to have the exact same computer as yours bar the processor. To get rid of the heat the best thing to do is plug a 120mm fan into the motherboard (sys_fan) socket.

Have it so it is pushing air out the back of the case. You can probably get a generic 120mm fan from MSY because you are in Melbourne if I'm not mistaken.

18. SLRRR is offline Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    Like pyrre said, its mineral oil and its possible.