1. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Smile Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Geneva Preview: Aston Martin V12 Vantage revealed

by Damon Lavrinc on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 8:17PM

Click above for a high-res gallery of the Aston Martin V12 Vantage

The Aston Martin V12 Vantage has arrived and yes, you want one. Evolving the styling and engineering exercise Aston unveiled in 2007 and set for a Geneva Motor Show debut, the blokes Gaydon claim the V12 Vantage is the most driver-focused sports car the automaker has ever produced.

Power is provided by a 6.0-liter V12 putting out 510 hp at 6,500 rpm and 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,750 rpm. The Vantage's new-found grunt is sent through a carbon fiber driveshaft to a rear-mounted six-speed manual gearbox. The transmission benefits from an oil cooler and a new rear diffuser helps cool the standard limited slip differential. Aston claims a 0-60 time of 4.1 seconds and top speed of 190 mph.

Independent double wishbones are mounted fore and aft, while six-piston calipers squeeze 398mm (15.67-inch) carbon ceramic discs in front and four-piston units clamp down on 360 mm (14.17-inch) ceramic rotors in the rear. The front wheels measure 19x9-inches and the rears 19x11-inches, each wrapped in Pirelli P Zero Corsa rubber sized 255/35 and 295/30, respectively.

Inside, carbon fiber door pulls join a host of standard features, while lightweight, carbon-kevlar seats, personalized sill plates and a premium audio system are optional.

The V12 Vantage features spring rates 80% stiffer in front and 45% stiffer in the rear, allowing the coupe to hit up to 1.3 lateral gs. The V12 mill weighs almost 200 pounds more than the V8, but after the Aston got done tweaking the Vantage, the overall increase was a paltry 110 pounds. Pricing hasn't been announced, but expect each of the 1,000 V12 Vantages Aston plans to produce to fetch a princely sum. All the details are available in the press release below the fold.

Gallery: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

source - Autoblog

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

I love it!

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Ooooh, that looks awesome, thanks for posting about it!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

I didn't think they'd actually make this! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. t.
    t. is offline Retired

It's pointless but amazingly cool! I wouldn't imagine there was a high demand for it but I'm sure they, unlike me have researched.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

6. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tWm. »
    It's pointless but amazingly cool! I wouldn't imagine there was a high demand for it but I'm sure they, unlike me have researched.
    It's for some who'd prefer the looks of the Vantage and offer the same or close to the performance of a DB9/Vanquish. Don't get me wrong, the DB9 is pretty but the Vantage's front end looks better. Plus, DBS looks better than a DB9 but that's too expensive.

Just my two cents.

7. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Mmmm, just saw this on the TG site. SEXY CAR!

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

It's new? I thought I saw it last year... Maybe I just saw the concept... VERY nice though, I hate the V8 Vantage but they look nice .

9. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I saw this on the startpage when I started IE. xD Don't like it too much

10. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

It's just been announced however, that the V12 Vantage will not be coming to the United States
    U mad bro?

11. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Wow that looks insane! Can't wait to see one on the road.

12. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Looks great, I prefer smaller cars so prefer this to DB9, power the V8 vantage always needed. Nice post, +rep if I can.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

13. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

thanks!

14. Cakeflour is offline Half Baked!

Cool car, it will make a nice addition to the Aston family. I personally like the styling of the DB9 and DBS better than the Vantage styling, but that's just me.

I wonder how it will compare to the DB9, in price and performance.
    Stiggy returns!

S.O.O.A.G.
    Smug Owner of a G25

15. Jacob is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by redvette77 »
    It's just been announced however, that the V12 Vantage will not be coming to the United States

AWWWW thats mean it aint comming to canada

16. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Such a lovely car.

17. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo babeh!!!!!!!