Default Graphics card for GTA IV

OK I have a BFG G-Force 7900GTX 512MB

my system is:

Windows XP Pro with service pack 3
    Mobo: Asus P5Q-PRO
    chip: Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz
    Ram: 4Gig
    Sound: SB Audigy 4

I have installed gtaiv 3 times but get so stressed with the graphics lag I uninstall it as its unplayable.
    I have added the intro patch and the V2 patch but still the same I have adjusted all the things I can to try and play it but it looks as though I gotta get a Graphics card?

so on a budget of 120 whats out there worth it and not ATI
    has to be n-vidia based PCI-E

2. iBilo is offline ;)

Why not ATI?

Your motherboard can support it, plus ATI 4850 is 100 and has same(if better) performance then a 230 Nivida 260.

3. E30 FTW!!! is offline E30 FTW!!!!

Nono, HD4870 is equal to GTX260 might even better

E7400 cooled by a Zerotherm FZ120 || AsUs HD4870 || 4GB 2X1GB Corsair XMS2 2X1GB Kingmax || Spire Jewel 550W PSU || Asrock P45XE Mobo || Western Digital 640GB || Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD-RW ||

4. RB26DETT is offline Banned

9800GTX+

5. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

why does it have to be nVidia. your not going to get much for 120

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

6. SLRRR is offline Ace

Try to overclock your processor, GTA IV needs more from that than your videocard. And like Austin said, go for the 4850 or 4870 they are cheap and fast

7. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

SLR is right, it is mainly a processor game. I can't upgrade (No moneh), so I just close all unimportant processes. Give that a try, and maybe tone the graphics down a bit, I get an average of ~13FPS with 200 of graphocs 487MB used.

8. t.
    t. is offline Retired

I've always found that the ATI Xenos works perfectly.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

9. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Ooh! Those ATi Xenos look interesting, might change it in the box to a more powerful, if it works though