View Poll Results: Is it actually ridiculous?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you geekozoid!

6 35.29%
  • No, you geekozoid!

1 5.88%
  • Gimme a waffle

10 58.82%

1. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Default People think it's ridiculous...

Okay, I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions on something. People think my calculator is ridiculous, so I want to know what you guys think. Maybe some of it is a bit more than I actually need for grade 9, but I wanna do mechanical engineering after high school, so why spend money on a slightly better one each year when you can just spend, uh, er $300 on this?
    http://www.ti-nspire.com/tools/nspire/index.html

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Uhm, I think that $300 for a calculator is a tad bit over the top, why not buy like a $50 calculator that probably does the same then spend the other $250 on other crap lol

3. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Its a GC right?
    What special function does it have that warrants its premium over other GCs?
    Integrated iPhone?

4. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

It's their top CAS. The last generation one must have been neat, people managed to get in and run Super Mario Bros on it.

Anywho, there doesn't seem to be much it can't do. We were actually goofing off talking about how I could type a note on it or put one on it from the computer and use it as a cheat sheet for exams XD

5. SLRRR is offline Ace

For school i had to buy a calculator from 100 EUR

6. iBilo is offline ;)

Rip off, just get a Casio calculator, they're really good at low prices.

7. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

I'm out of waffles.

8. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Make more of them then! GIMME WAFFLE!!!!!!!111

$300 is a bit much, but this thing seems pretty good.

9. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Don't bother with that, over here the most advanced thing that we used in high school maths was the cos-1 etc. stuff for trigonometry, you'll only need a calculator that powerful if you want to do maths (statistics) or physics in college. and you might as well buy one closer to the time if you're doing that cause they'll be even more powerful
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!