1. WhiteTiger is offline Long live the Bowtie!

Default Supercharger sound

Hey guys, im kind of a supercharger/turbocharger fanatic. Iv seen some great sound mods, but I fail to hear the supercharger in them. Id like to have a mustang, corvette, or Pontiac GTO with a loud supercharger sound. This may sound weird, but if your going down the road, and you hold the clutch in and put it in reverse and while holding the clutch, give it some gas, you hear a winding noise. Thats how the supercharger should sound!

I would be very appreciative if somebody spared some time to make the sound.

Thanks,
    WhiteTiger

2. Recon is offline Wanted - This Man

i do like that idea. although it would be weird since the only real car you listed that would have a supercharger is the Mustang w/ level 3 Saleen upgrade.
    :bananadance2:Get the Gamer's Pass!

3. WhiteTiger is offline Long live the Bowtie!

Well, you are right in some ways. I mean, I have ridden in a Cobra Mustang with a supercharger, and I have seen GTO's with superchargers. The corvette I have never seen have a supercharger, only turbos

Listen to this GTO with the supercharger, it sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGveOp7aC1Q

4. Recon is offline Wanted - This Man

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger »
    Listen to this GTO with the supercharger, it sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGveOp7aC1Q
    Okay, sounds good. I have to agree.
    :bananadance2:Get the Gamer's Pass!

5. saladine1 is offline Rusted Banger

Adding supercharger sounds is harder than you think.
    As of yet, we can't edit the sound config files where we can direct the sound engine to a seperate supercharger sound loop.
    We have to merge the sounds within the available wav files at hand.
    It can be done but it doesn't really sound realistic.

6. WhiteTiger is offline Long live the Bowtie!

Saladine, I love the sound of the GTO that you posted on youtube. I also like the supercharger sound that you put on that other car. Forgot the name. It started with an "A" Alula or something like that. So it would be hard to take the supercharger sample from the car that starts with an "A", and add it to the GTO? Im not sure about the backfire sound though. Not to fond of that.

7. Sponge is offline Spongify

Saladine, I love the sound of the GTO that you posted on youtube. I also like the supercharger sound that you put on that other car. Forgot the name. It started with an "A" Alula or something like that. So it would be hard to take the supercharger sample from the car that starts with an "A", and add it to the GTO? Im not sure about the backfire sound though. Not to fond of that.
    The Caterham CSR 260? That's the only one I know of that has had a supercharger.

or are you thinking of the moddel CSR - the Ariel Atom?

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

8. WhiteTiger is offline Long live the Bowtie!

Yeah, thats it! The Ariel Atom! The supercharger that Saladine made sounds awesome on that!

9. RX_37 is offline Peugeot RCZ THP 200

Well, you are right in some ways. I mean, I have ridden in a Cobra Mustang with a supercharger, and I have seen GTO's with superchargers. The corvette I have never seen have a supercharger, only turbos
    Lots of GTO's have superchargers and basically every "new" Mustang you can bolt on aftermarket superchargers. Same with the Corvettes, and the ZR1 has the supercharger from stock, so Corvettes does have them too.

And i would like this sound too, if it could be made...