1. adv06 is offline Ultimate Alfa Romeo Fan!!

Default I Have A Terrible Problem! Can Anyone Help!

Hi, ive been using TDU for almost a year now and i had a new video card (NVidia 9600 GT) and everything was fine!
    However recently the game works perfect for about 5 or 10 minutes after start-up, but then lags terrible and forces me to close the game.
    Ive tried alot of things like restarting computer and game, even leaving it for about half an hour etc.
    But i cant seem to figure it out and i cant play the game
    So if anyone can help me i would be massively grateful!
    Thanks!
    Toyota Is The Brain, Aston Martin Is The Face, Cadillac Is The Stomach, as for the heart and soul, thats an Alfa Romeo"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I've had a similar problem.. I get sudden "lag-attacks" and my FPS drops literally to like 2 or 3 It lasts maybe about 10 seconds and then it might happen again, completely random time intervals.

3. adv06 is offline Ultimate Alfa Romeo Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    I've had a similar problem.. I get sudden "lag-attacks" and my FPS drops literally to like 2 or 3 It lasts maybe about 10 seconds and then it might happen again, completely random time intervals.
    Oh, but mine happen and they dont stop..
    What did you figure the problem was/could be?
    Toyota Is The Brain, Aston Martin Is The Face, Cadillac Is The Stomach, as for the heart and soul, thats an Alfa Romeo"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. RX_37 is offline Peugeot RCZ THP 200

Checked the heat temperature on the graphic card/any other components?

5. Recon is offline Wanted - This Man

Nvidia constantly throws new (and sometimes important) updates. If your card is completely up to date, then follow rx_37's advice and check the heat temp.
    :bananadance2:Get the Gamer's Pass!

6. adv06 is offline Ultimate Alfa Romeo Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaMan90 »
    Nvidia constantly throws new (and sometimes important) updates. If your card is completely up to date, then follow rx_37's advice and check the heat temp.

Thank you very much!
    Ill check to see if my driver update is up to date, and if my video card is over temperature should i switch off my computer to let it cool down?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

I dont know if its the same problem as i had before, but if it is, it should work to close the game in a normal way before it crashes.

8. adv06 is offline Ultimate Alfa Romeo Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Safiro »
    I dont know if its the same problem as i had before, but if it is, it should work to close the game in a normal way before it crashes.
    Well i should try that now, as i have updated my driver and the temperatures on my video card are normal, ill try it now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I have checked my GFX temperature aswell, they were *far* from normal if I read it right. But the wierd thing is that it started a month or so ago just like that one day

10. adv06 is offline Ultimate Alfa Romeo Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz1 »
    I have checked my GFX temperature aswell, they were *far* from normal if I read it right. But the wierd thing is that it started a month or so ago just like that one day
    Well the temperatures are normal even when the game is running, but i cant understand it just suddenly lags :S
    Its really annoying!

Can anyone else please offer me help!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by adv06; 18/01/09 at 16:12 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. EvilPlayer is offline just a Driver!

maybe something else (a scheduled program or something) is running at the same time with tdu and the CPU has not that much power to handle both of them!
    next time that the game will lagg pause the game open task manager>processes>show for all users
    and see if something else except TDU uses too many CPU power...
    if you find something , end its process! and see if the game is ok!

i am waiting for your reply!

12. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

The Bottom post in this thread has a tool that should help you

Clicky

Or this one could help too

Clicky

13. Dani_ReiS is offline Hot Hatch

Force vsync i have the 9600GT the lag stop now
    but i have other problem whit this car sometimes my pc crash player tdu only tdu and i need reset my pc and i dont find solution for this

14. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_ReiS »
    Force vsync i have the 9600GT the lag stop now
    but i have other problem whit this car sometimes my pc crash player tdu only tdu and i need reset my pc and i dont find solution for this
    Did you look at the links in my above post?

15. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

I would guess it's the radial.cdb messing it up

16. Choco is offline SUBLIME

OMG yes i have the same problem and the same graphics card as you!
    though mine just freezers still and i can only restart my comp.
    ill update my drivers

SUBLIME

Search Tags

i need help