1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Exclamation Ron Dennis steps down from McLaren F1

Ron Dennis steps down from McLaren F1, focusing on supercars
    by Damon Lavrin on Jan 16th 2009 at 2:32PM

Ron Dennis, the man behind the McLaren-Mercedes F1 team, announced he'll be stepping down from his position on March 1st to concentrate on McLaren's future endeavors. Dennis made it clear during today's press conference that his departure shouldn't be perceived as retirement. On the contrary, Dennis said, "The first thing I'm going to do is work harder." And by "work harder" Dennis means he'll be focusing on the new road-going efforts of McLaren Automotive.

The new McLaren supercar codenamed the P11 is slated to hit roads in 2010, with power provided by a 600-hp AMG-sourced 6.2-liter V8. Three different variants will be offered, ranging from a standard road car, a convertible and a race-ready version. McLaren is also rumored to be working on two other models, including a Porsche 911-fighter expected to be priced below $100,000. In this economy, Ron has his work cut out for him.

At the end of February, Dennis will end his 28-year reign at McLaren-Mercedes and hand over the day-to-day operations to current team CEO, Martin Whitmarsh. Thanks to all who tipped in.

[Source: ITV-F1 | Image: Getty/AFP]

From Autoblog
    Last edited by Nodz86; 16/01/09 at 19:51 PM.

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I heard about this, He left on a high!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Read this on the official F1 site. Its a shame that he just decided to step down. He should have pushed for another season victory before moving down.

4. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

It is a shame he's leaving after a good last season. Actually read this this morning at college and was going to post it but I couldn't because I was at college.

5. Samurai Lincoln is offline Exoticar Driver

Good. Let's hope the decision to give XP1 (F1 LM Prototype) to Lewis Hamilton (Were he to win the championship again) has been long forgotten.

On an unrelated note, GO FERRARI!!!!
    This is my signature until I can think of something better.

Mom's Spaghetti.

Search Tags

fromula 1
mclaren f1
ron dennis
steps down