Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

1. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Default How to change cars names?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how can I change the cars names(for example from Gallardo SE to Gallardo LP560) and the brand names(from Wiesmann to BMW for example), thanks in advance

2. Sponge is offline Spongify

Its done through Djey's TDU Modding Tools.

Open it up and click on DataBase editor. And then find Brands.

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

3. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

After open brands and then?

4. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Edit : This method is kept for historical reasons. But do not use it anymore as Modding Tools have evolved since then (use Vehicle Manager instead).

Well,

here is a quick&dirty tuto to manually change brand names before Modding Tools will handle it easily (planned for next version).

1. Open File Browser.

2. Make a backup of your Database DB_xx.bnk file (where xx is your language code - FR = french, US = english , ...).

3. In your BNK_xx.bnk file contents, select the packed file: TDU_brands.xx (again, xx is your language code) then click on Edit button.

4. You'll see 2 new windows to appear. Let's go to the Database Editor window (the biggest one). Brands DB contents should be displayed.

5. In the list, check for brand names - names to modify are likely the ones between #81 and #140. I can't guarantee, yet.

6. Double click on the brand name to change, for example Wiesmann. In the entry editor, change ONLY the name, not the number. Ensure "keep original file size" is UNchecked. Finally click on OK to save.

7. After names are changed, go to the other window (Edit Tasks).

8. Click on settings button, then set the replace method to 'enlarge/reduce' if not already set. OK.

9. Check the task in the list then click on Apply button.

10. Don't forget to get a magic Map if you haven't installed it already.

Enjoy !
    Last edited by Djey; 29/08/09 at 10:32 AM.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

5. Sponge is offline Spongify

+rep for that, Djey. Much better than my explaination!

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

6. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Djey »
    Well,

here is a quick&dirty tuto to manually change brand names before Modding Tools will handle it easily (planned for next version).

1. Open File Browser.

2. Make a backup of your Database DB_xx.bnk file (where xx is your language code - FR = french, US = english , ...).

3. In your BNK_xx.bnk file contents, select the packed file: TDU_brands.xx (again, xx is your language code) then click on Edit button.

4. You'll see 2 new windows to appear. Let's go to the Database Editor window (the biggest one). Brands DB contents should be displayed.

5. In the list, check for brand names - names to modify are likely the ones between #81 and #140. I can't guarantee, yet.

6. Double click on the brand name to change, for example Wiesmann. In the entry editor, change ONLY the name, not the number. Ensure "keep original file size" is UNchecked. Finally click on OK to save.

7. After names are changed, go to the other window (Edit Tasks).

8. Click on settings button, then set the replace method to 'enlarge/reduce' if not already set. OK.

9. Check the task in the list then click on Apply button.

10. Don't forget to get a magic Map if you haven't installed it already.

Enjoy !
    Thx, but how can u change the model of the car?

7. Grin116 is offline !!! Made in USSR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maplecars »
    Thx, but how can u change the model of the car?
    choose CarPhysicsData in Bigwindow(File Browser) & look for names models of cars

[IMGLINK]http://i026.radikal.ru/0901/9a/50df24e64326t.jpg[/IMGLINK]
    [IMGLINK]http://s45.radikal.ru/i107/0901/e5/6ed491c6f3e8t.jpg[/IMGLINK]
    Last edited by Grin116; 17/01/09 at 17:22 PM.
    =============================
    MY MODS
    =============================
    my new online nick - Karakurt_[77rus]

8. fr33kiLL is offline Just a Skidmark

Quote Originally Posted by Grin116 »

witch of the names i have to change? can u say the numbers pleas where are the cars?

9. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Grin116 »
    thx, but after changing y does it have no different? I've tried changing all coupe to LP640, and tried to change the Murcielago to LP640 but it don't seems to work.

10. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Can anyone tell me how can I make the Modding Tool work? It says I need .Net Framework 2.0.5, where can I download that?
    Last edited by Shy Guy; 19/01/09 at 16:43 PM.

11. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Just google it, I did that

12. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Guy »
    It says I need .Net Framework 2.0.5, where can I download that?
    It's written in official thread :
    http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=3739

in red

Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

13. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Thanks Djey! =D +Rep

btw I have the 1.5 Modding tool, the 1.6 DL link is all in French which gives me a headache :S

Edit: I rename the thing, it says that there are currently 1 edit task(after I did the apply) should I close it or do I have to do something
    Last edited by Shy Guy; 21/01/09 at 20:02 PM.

14. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Can anyone tell me how to change the model's name, its sorta annoying having a Porsche Supercharged GTS Prototype 2005...

15. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_PL »
    If you want Porsche Carrera GT (you changed "Farboud" for "Porsche"?), change "Supercharged GTS" for "Carrera", and "Prototype 2005" for "GT"

In CarPhysicsData # of "Supercharged GTS" is 1007, and "Prototype 2005" 1160
    I already did that, but I need to know the Wiesmann Roadster MF4, the number of the "Roadster" in there, because I have a Wiesmann Roadster Roadster(supposed to be BMW Z4 Roadster)... and the problem is that every time I do it(after these steps btw) most of the time's it doesn't save.

16. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

yeah, and btw do you have a full list of chart of it? cause I wanna change the names of many cars, thanks anyway.

17. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Maplecars »
    yeah, and btw do you have a full list of chart of it? cause I wanna change the names of many cars, thanks anyway.
    It starts at around 850, and then you see how are the names of the cars ingame

18. r1pp3r666 is offline Rusted Banger

Hi every1,
    I tried to change those things as you explained it. It even sais "entry successfully modified. DB file saved."
    But when I close it and re-open it nothing was saved and I have the old data in it. => in the game everything stays as it was.
    I also tried to change the settings, so that the FPS counter would be shown ingame. When I open the DB again this setting is reset to the default entry.

Is there any other way to really save the changes??

edit: sorry, I made a little mistake. Works now!
    Apart from The Lamborghini Gallardo SE and the McLaren F1 LM
    anyone now what else I have to change for them ?? I changed the SE on number 1139 for LP 560 but it still shows SE in the game!
    Last edited by r1pp3r666; 25/01/09 at 17:49 PM.

19. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

o.o
    Anyone know how to change Coupe to LP640? or LP640 SV

20. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Well maple, to tell you the truth I tried changing the Gallardo SE to Gallardo LP560-4, I modded the file and saw no result, the same thing happened with the 250 GTO --> 365 GTB4 Daytona Coupe and Wiesmann --> BMW and I can't find the "Roadster" name of the Wiesmann

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last