1. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Default Jaguar Readying Mid-Engine Audi R8 Rival

Jaguar may have just unveiled its updated XKR at the 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, but the XK range wonít be the only performance two-door in Jaguar's lineup for long. According to a new report, Jaguar is readying a mid-engine sports car to take on Audiís R8.

Auto Express claims that it has the inside scoop on a new mid-engine Jag, set to debut in just over a year. The new model will take on Audiís R8 and will beat the companyís F-Type to production. The F-Type will do battle in a lower segment, taking on the likes of Porsche's Boxster.
    Reportedly dubbed the XE, the new car will appear in concept form at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. The XE will likely use Jaguarís new 5.0L supercharged V8 mid-ship, marking the brandís first mid-engine car since the XJ220 launched in 1991.
    Design-wise, the XE is expected to take Jaguarís new design language even farther, erasing virtually all ties with the current XJ.

____________________________________________________________ ___

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-r...-r8-rival.html

I really hope they make like the XJ220!

2. CobraDBlade is offline Bought a Supra. Tada!

i wish we could see some concept art or something. I'm really excited to see what Jag comes up with.

3. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

wow, very cool, as much of a gorgeous car as the XJ is (IMO) It is finally time to kill that period of jaguar, Just like how bentley is leaving the arnage. Jaguar needs a big assed saloon car that's the size of the XJ, but it need to look like the XF!

as for a sports car, cool. britain needs a big lairy, mid engined sports car, and with their current design language, it could be quite the looker!
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

4. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

I never knew Tata would know how to handle Jaguar, they said they were gonna revive the Daimler brand to go head to head with Rolls, Bentley, Maybach, etc.

lets hope this will be good

5. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Well I was always hoping Tata would restart the 'F-Type' project ... I worked on the original one which appeared quite a few years ago now ... the problem it had was they were trying to make it all things to all men ... and that just doesn't work

Lets hope they get it right this time

Oh and btw Bentley isn't leaving the Arnage ... there's a brand new one out soon ... and it's a BEAST ! ... but thankfully still looks 'sort of' like an Arnage

on and remember this was in Autoexpress ... their worse than Autocar for bad rumours and getting things completely wrong
    I'd rather be topless !

6. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    Well I was always hoping Tata would restart the 'F-Type' project ...
    http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2000-f-type_concept/

This one? I really liked all the concepts that Jag presented so far but their road versions were always good aswell. I loved the XF concept. Let`s hope Tata will manage to find the right way to continue with Jags.

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

yeah that was the original concept ... I had started to save for one of them too

but what it ended up looking like wasn't that

better not talk about it anymore ... sorry
    I'd rather be topless !

8. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Under NDA?

It was a good looking concept, and the idea that jaguar will make a nice fast car will be lovely!

So they're planning an F-type and an E-type then?

If the'ye planning an F-Type, wouldn't that mean the proper name would be 'Jaguar XK-F' Like how the 60's E-Type was the 'XK-E'

I'm guessing that the XE is a new line, instead of an XK-E, as the original was a GT...
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

They better wait a couple of years or undercut the R8. They do pick there times Like to see it though.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. Samurai Lincoln is offline Exoticar Driver

I hope it looks like a slightly more futurisitic XJR-15.

And, that it's center of gravity isn't high, it isn't underpowered, and it doesn't have a massive turn radius.
    This is my signature until I can think of something better.

Mom's Spaghetti.