Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Default Mouthwash can give you Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by News
    OUTHWASHES containing alcohol can cause oral cancer and should be removed from supermarket shelves, a dental health study claims. Scientists say there is now "sufficient evidence" that such mouthwashes contribute to an increased risk of the disease.

The ethanol in mouthwash is thought to allow cancer-causing substances to permeate the lining of the mouth.

Michael McCullough, associate professor of oral medicine at the University of Melbourne, Australia, who led the study, said: "We see people with oral cancer who have no other risk factors than the use of (mouthwash containing alcohol], so what we've done is review all the evidence.

"Since this article, further evidence has come out, too. We believe there should be warnings. If it was a facial cream that had the effect of reducing acne but had a four to fivefold increased risk of skin cancer, no-one would be recommending it."
    http://news.scotsman.com/health/Usin...isk.4868162.jp

I found it interesting.

2. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Hum, I kinda can`t get the purpose of washing your mouth with alcohol. After reading this, I`ll surely use only toothpaste as always.

3. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Drinking water gives you cancer aswell.
    Who cares! We're all going to die on cancer if we must believe all this crap.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

4. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

But it taste minty fresh
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

5. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Meh, I just use the Toothpaste, most toothpaste I get can be used as mouthwash, but I never use it

6. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Saw it, not that bothered, and don't really believe it will affect your chances that much anyway.

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

A new "study" comes out everyday saying this or that can give you cancer. There'll be a "study" out soon saying that sleeping will give you cancer and I bet that most people will believe it as everybody is so bloody gullible.

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Limp Fire Hose »
    A new "study" comes out everyday saying this or that can give you cancer. There'll be a "study" out soon saying that sleeping will give you cancer and I bet that most people will believe it as everybody is so bloody gullible.
    Well, apparently sleeping with a bra on can give you breast cancer...

9. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

I'm a bit skeptical, yet worried about this... I don't even know why i care.. I don't use mouthwash. The mint is just way too intense for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

10. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I use mouthwash, don't really care about it anyway. Scientists come up with new things all the time that "will" give you cancer.

11. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Pyjamas »
    Well, apparently sleeping with a bra on can give you breast cancer...
    You're telling me this because? I don't wear a bra lol

But that might be the reason why my ex never wore one when she slept, I'm not complaining though

12. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by DA NEWZ
    "HAVING CANCER CAN GIVE YOU CANCER" sayz da science expertz
    Not too far away...

13. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Ethanol? They don't say wine gives you oral cancer do they? What a load of rubbish. I think t he carcinigens in the air are more risk and you can't do much about that.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

14. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Next thing they'll say scotch does the same.. that'll be the final straw

15. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

16. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Like MB said everything gives you cancer these days, so if you stopped doing/eating the things that give you cancer, then you will die anyway.

17. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Limp Fire Hose »
    You're telling me this because? I don't wear a bra lol

But that might be the reason why my ex never wore one when she slept, I'm not complaining though
    I sense a lucky mate here...

18. t.
    t. is offline Retired

I frequently rinse my mouth out with Vodka and I'm fine, ignore these fools.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

19. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Wow. That mean I'm gonna gonna have muffing cancer. Booo

20. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Meh, doesn't make a diference anyways. I always bought mouthwash without alchool

Page 1 of 2 12 Last