Topic:

OS Help

View Poll Results: Should i get Xp or Vista?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • XP

11 47.83%
  • Vista

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Default OS Help

I've had problems with my computer lately, so a friend of my dad is gonna remove everything tomorrow. I have XP now, i want it too look even better but also run fast and without alot of firewall problems and stuff, what do you think i should get? XP or Vista?

Need answer before thuesday..

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

If you want fast, go for XP but Vista looks better and has better security. But you can get programs to make XP look like Vista and as long as you have a good internet security package you should be fine.

3. T3hReaper91 is offline Car Aficianado

I have vista ultimate and have no problems with it.

If your pc meets the spec for vista then go for vista you wont be disappointed.

CPU: AMD FX8350 x8 Black Edition 4.2Ghz O/C 4.6Ghz Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GPU: 2x MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 4Gb SLI
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    OS: Windows 8.1 Pro Microphone: AT2020 Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Logitech G910

Youtube

4. Sponge is offline Spongify

Go for Vista. Ignore the XP Fanboyism.

XP will be obsolete very soon. I believe Microsoft said they're going to cease support on XP once Vista is dominating the mainstream. But as of this year, Windows 7 is being worked on as we speak. Its apparently the same/slightly tweaked GUI of Vista, but with A TON of preinstalled drivers and the speed of XP, too.

If it is an absolute must I would say go for Vista. If you can wait, wait for Windows 7 to be released.

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

5. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

If you already have XP then it's good, works faster with 2gb RAM, and there's no point spending the huge amount of money on Vista.

But if you are having to buy a new copy anyway then get Vista, because it's hard to buy XP, and Vista will be supported for longer.

6. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

How about buying XP now and wait 'till the Windows 7 comes out

7. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Thanks guys for helping, i think i'll go for Vista.
    There is no point in waiting for Windows 7 as i dont have to buy Vista, my dads friend alreaddy have it.

8. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Erm, the poll is 4-2 for XP and you`re still going for the Vista...

9. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Read Kal's and Danger mouse's posts, they didnt vote. If they did it would be 4 - 4

10. RRacer is offline Go as fast as you can!

vista has too many bugs but.. with vista you can get flowers on your desktop

Proud owner of a Fanatec 911GT3RS and Clubsport pedals.

11. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

5-4 now, as your vote shouldn't count Safiro
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

12. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

I would say go for Vista. All the "Vista sucks" rumours are lies, Vista is a good OS, I've had 64-bit Ultimate for about a year now and I love it. But go for 32-bit Vista, 64-bit sucks the life out of your RAM...

13. iBilo is offline ;)

Vista definately, I hated XP, it was so annoying. Vista has such good user interface.

14. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse »
    Go for Vista. Ignore the XP Fanboyism.

XP will be obsolete very soon. I believe Microsoft said they're going to cease support on XP once Vista is dominating the mainstream. But as of this year, Windows 7 is being worked on as we speak. Its apparently the same/slightly tweaked GUI of Vista, but with A TON of preinstalled drivers and the speed of XP, too.

If it is an absolute must I would say go for Vista. If you can wait, wait for Windows 7 to be released.
    How am I an XP fanboy?

I use Vista on my laptop, and another copy on my desktop as well as Ubuntu.

So I'll ask that again, how am I an XP fanboy?

I myself actually prefer Vista but I suggested the faster operating system for him as he didn't give us any details about his computer so for all we could know it won't run Vista very well.

Think before posting, it works a charm you know

15. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

I quite like 7 a lot, it has the speed of XP with the UI of Vista. And the homegroup feature is VERY useful, as are the new display features for multiple windows. I would highly suggest giving it a try. I've only had it for about 2-3 weeks and I love it already.

16. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Windows 7 looks brill, the sleekness of vista's interface, just wish all the crap taken away, runs as stable as XP by the looks.

personally I DESPISE Vista, it even crashes winamp of all programs, a nice basic media player. Playing BF2/BF2142 is neigh on impossible because it messes with punkbuster. GTA:SA is really smegged up on it, railroad tycoon 3 wont even play...

A nice looking OS, which is good for stuff like music (as-long as you dont use winamp) and is good against viruses. but shyte at games? that's OSX, but OSX uses about half the power...
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

17. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

WINDOWS 7. just get the beta, and buy the cd when it hits stores. it will last you a good 7-8 months in the beta. its great, i just installed it today!

18. SLRRR is offline Ace

Vista i got some problems first with drivers (not by windows) but that is already solved. If your gaming rig meets the requirements than i should definently buy it. Another pluspoint you got DirectX 10, if you hardware can run it. You really see some difference in some games (that support it).

And if you dont really like it than you can "upgrade" to the windows 7 beta and get a key from microsoft.

19. MCiN7 is offline Drifter

Just use XP until windows 7 comes out.
    I wouldn't use the beta unless your format regularly.

20. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Hey, Saf, tell us what happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last