1. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Default Portable ID - Stupid S.N. not working

Ok, I just went onto the Playstation site to register my PS3. When you register it it asks you for your Serial Number (on the barcode on the back of the PS3 by the HDMI port) and your date of purchase for the PS3.

For one, how am I meant to remember the date of purchase for the PS3? But my main complaint is the stupid serial number doesn't work . I've copied it exactly from the barcode onto the site 3 times and it keeps saying it's invalid :S.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Are you on the EU or American site?? that might be a reason.

With the date as long as you know the month and year you should be ok, just pick a random date.

3. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

I'll try again on the EU site in a minute and I meant I don't know the month and year... I didn't think I'd need to remember .

EDIT: Ok, went on the UK site and after a bit of pointless stupid transferring stuff that didn't work I got it to register. Tyvm Nodz for the help . +rep
    Last edited by DriftNismo; 12/01/09 at 17:44 PM.

4. tomshype is offline t0mshype

I got a ps3 for christmas but i didn't know we had to register it on the site. I just set it all up made an account and it worked. Should it be registered? if so how do i?

5. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Sadly i don't think i can register mine on the AU site

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

6. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by tomshype »
    I got a ps3 for christmas but i didn't know we had to register it on the site. I just set it all up made an account and it worked. Should it be registered? if so how do i?
    No, you don't have to register on the site, but click on the PSN logo on me (next to the XFire and Windows logo). See the thing that comes up? That's called a Portable ID. You have to go on the site to make one, but you don't HAVE to register your PS3 on the site, I just thought I might as well seeing as I was on there, but it really makes no difference if you don't .

7. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Ok what am i doing wrong? i can't get it to show my PSN id in the box.

8. tomshype is offline t0mshype

Cheers Deaths Pyjamas ive just registered gunna make one of them little things
    +rep

9. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Ok what am i doing wrong? i can't get it to show my PSN id in the box.
    It will only show your PSN ID if you've made a Portable ID unfortunately . And if you have made one, just put your PSN ID in the box (I spent about 20 minutes earlier trying different combinations of the links it gave me to get it to show when I just had to put my PSN ID in in the end xD).

10. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Theres 2 sites to get the official one that is compatable with here, one is the NA site and the other is the EU site (afaik). You have to sort it out on them, then the NA one you costomize on your PS3 and the EU one on the website. I think thats right but i could be wrong.

11. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

K got it to work . Made a EU ID as they are more customizable. And according to it im giddy