1. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

Default Stuttering Problem with Logitech G25

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for a while now, and after looking around online for some time, I decided to join a forum and start a thread.

When I load Test Drive: Unlimited (PC DVD Version) with the G25 wheel plugged in, it runs fine in the menu. When I enter the game itself it runs fine during the animation of your house. It isn't until I take a car out that the problems begin.

Once I'm in the car, I can sit in the driveway just fine with no problems. But as soon as I turn the wheel (Ragardless of rather or not the car is in motion), the frame rate drops drastically, the more violently I turn the wheel, the more the frame rate drops. I've seen it hit as low as 2 fps when I'm going fast and turn the wheel suddenly.

If I load the game with the G25 unplugged and drive around using keyboard controls, everything runs fine.

Hardware Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    Processor: Intel Celeron D 3.46 Ghz (Single Core)
    Memory: 2 GB of Corsair DDR1 400 Mhz
    Graphics Card: HIS Radeon HD 3850 Turbo with IceQ3 cooler (AGP x8) w/ 512 MB Memory

Before I upgraded my computer to the Radeon, the game worked just fine, so I assume that in some way the G25 is interacting badly with the Radeon. In any other racing sim the wheel works fine, so this problem is only with TDU.

I've tried many of the fixes suggested online (Changing the AA settings, changing the Catalyst AI to advanced, etc.) and none of them have worked.

My previous system was an Nvidia 6800 XT and 1 GB of Ultra DDR1 RAM, so it's not that my current system is less powerful. The game ran fine on the last hardware.

Any help is appreciated

2. SergeBMW is offline Hot Hatch

Ive heard of this problem before. It was due to the computer sending the FFB data to the wheel, causing the lag from the data passing through.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the G25 program?

3. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

I did re-install the driver, once before and once after I read your suggestion. Didn't do anything. Those were all 5.0.182 drivers. I'm going to see if I can find a more up to date driver.

4. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

I updated the driver to 5.02.166, and that seems to have solved the problem. I'll play around with it for a bit and see if its really fixed.

5. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

The new patch appears to have 'fixed' the problem by disabling the FF entirely. It no longer works in any game. I don't know why, but I'll keep looking into it.

6. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

There Was A Logitech G25 Calibration Clearance Program Released For Vista Months Ago You Could Try Serching For It As That Solved The Issue For Me
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

7. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

I have Windows XP. Would the Calibration Clearance Program still work?

8. T3hReaper91 is offline Car Aficianado

i heard that just plugging your g25 into another usb socket can fix this but with not having this problem myself i would'nt know

CPU: AMD FX8350 x8 Black Edition 4.2Ghz O/C 4.6Ghz Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GPU: 2x MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 4Gb SLI
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    OS: Windows 8.1 Pro Microphone: AT2020 Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Logitech G910

Youtube

9. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

Yea It Should Still Work Windows Seems To Cock Up When Setting To Microsofts Default On Some Systems With The G25
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

10. teddyBBK is offline I want an F40!!

I had that problem, but that was because my old comp was crap. Phone Logitech up. Their technical support line is good and it shouldn't take long to get through to them.

And even if it's your steering wheel, it's even better! Because then you get to smash it up and take pics of it before they send you out a brand new package lol (for more info on that ask logitech about it).

11. Exediron is offline Just a Skidmark

I re-installed my drivers back to the CD that came with the G25, and the FF is back. But so is the problem.

T3hReaper: I tried that, in each one of my USB ports. No result.

NitroBlueUK: I'll try to find that to see if it will help, thanks for the tip.

teddyBBK: I'll call them if all else fails, but I usually don't like to go through tech support.