Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

Default Israel vs. Palestine

Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.

2. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

I suggest that this thread should be closed

3. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Heres something to mull over:

*Warning* This video contains scenes of a horrific nature:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8GdTgP_NHI

I'm not gonna beat around the bush I am pro Israel, that video pretty much confirmed I made the right choice .....

Israel look like the 'terrorists' in this but lets not forget that Hamas hides behinds it citizens knowing that Israel will kill innocent civilians and consequently making the Israelis look very bad.

All it all boils down to is one thing though .... religion ....
    Last edited by Nige; 08/01/09 at 21:33 PM.
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Very moving and depressing video. But then right this moment, the situation across the Gaza Strip is probably much worse. The damage that the Palestinians do to Israelis, is much less severe, albeit on a much more constant basis. The Israelis on the other hand are using enough military force to go to war (proper war) with some other first-world country. Sort of like a *poke poke poke poke poke poke* *POW* reaction if you will.

Not sure which side I'm taking though. Yes, the Palestinians just won't give up on all their rocket and mortar attacks, but I also do think the Israelis are being a bit excessive here. And then it begs the questions: When will it end? How long more will Israel continue the violence? What will they do next? Who will sort out the resulting mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Weirdly enough a mate said to me the other day the only way the world will re-build from this recession is war. A world war, i can see it building now, it's just a matter of time.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

6. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Er, that's a... pleasant thought.

I just can't get over how long they've been at it. Why can't they just refuse to communicate with one another and be done with it? I mean really, it's just... uuuuuurrrrggggggh!

7. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

*waiting for this to become a religious arguement*

8. a nugget is offline BNR34 FTW!!!

the biggest problem is Afghanistan, that's where Al Queda has run off to. Winston Churchill once said that it would be impossible to conquer Afghanistan because it's too vast and rugged, that's why the US relys on airstikes to kill the terrorists. The bombing of the Gaza wasn't bad at all, because Palistinians are killing civilians as well, and the Palistinians deserved it

9. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

*Still awaiting occurences of genocide across the entire middle east*

10. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman »
    I suggest that this thread should be closed
    This.

11. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Okay, now that is too much...close this topic, it`s way too serious for here.

12. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    Okay, now that is too much...close this topic, it`s way too serious for here.
    Then don't look at it. The world is a serious place, sadly.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

13. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tWm. »
    Then don't look at it. The world is a serious place, sadly.
    aye. just keep the discussion civilized.

14. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

As Him said, this topic will soon turn into a religious war...and for the forum`s peace that better don`t happen.

15. RB26DETT is offline Banned

that's why there are rules to follow. you can talk about religion and wars, just keep the discussions civilized and saying "oh there's a flame war coming" is just stupid just because of the topic of the title.

16. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

We're watching this thread, but i'm not going to close it. The world is a big place, it's serious, if some people can't handle it then sorry, but it's going to happen, we may as well discuss it.

17. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Alright then... Israel belongs to the Jewish, It's always been theirs but then it got occupied. PEACE IN ISRAEL

18. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

No country belongs to anyone, this is where problems start. A country belongs to it's people and never a religion.

19. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

The whole situation is very worrying ... especially when the UN gets ignored

I'll leave it as that for my thoughts on the matter
    I'd rather be topless !

20. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Baldred »
    No country belongs to anyone, this is where problems start. A country belongs to it's people and never a religion.
    The jews are a people.

But they're not better or worse than other people, so when everyone agreed that they should have their own homeland (in sympathy for the holocaust) then they should stick with that gift, not try and expand and deny other people their rightful lands as well.

Ultimately both jews and palestinians need to respect each other and each others right to land. Israel isn't doing that, and neither are the palestinians. But Israel has the choice - they can lead by example and show that they are above petty violence, but they chose instead to go down to the level of militants rather than be a civilised nation. It's all very sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last