Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Default Cops take car off 78-year-old hoon

This made me lol. It was on the news today.

Original article: http://www.theage.com.au/national/cops-take-car-off-78yearold-hoon-20090106-7amr.html

Cops take car off 78-year-old hoon

Impounded ... the 78-year-old 'hoon's' Nissan Pulsar.

A 78-year-old hoon caught speeding at 170kmh on a narrow country road on New Year's Day told police he was a skilled race driver.
    Victorian Premier John Brumby, however, was not impressed with the man's claims, labelling Australia's oldest hoon driver an "idiot'', while police said he was toying with death.

The septuagenarian was driving a hotted-up red Nissan Pulsar at 170km/h in a 100km/h zone on the winding Brandy Creek Road, Warragul, east of Melbourne when he was caught.

The man, from Narre Warren North, told police he raced cars, was a skilled driver and was "enjoying the feel of the road''.
    His car, and a Nissan Skyline driven by a 36-year-old man, were impounded under the state's anti-hoon laws.

The pair was part of a small group from the Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club participating in an organised New Year's Day drive from Hallam in Melbourne's south-east.

Club president Karyn Hamer-Finn said the behaviour was not only illegal but went against the club's code of conduct.
    The members would be disciplined by the club committee, she said.
    "We do have a code of conduct that club members do need to sign, and any breach of that means that they will be dealt with at committee,'' Ms Hamer-Finn told AAP.

"We're not above the law, no one is.''
    Mr Brumby said the speeding driver would be dealt with harshly.
    "For this fool, the full force of the law will be applied to him,'' he said.
    "There's not a poorer example to set, it's an appalling example to set for someone of that age. You know, here's a person who'd have children, he'd have grandchildren - what's he thinking when you behave like that.
    "The single thing I think would be so great for us to achieve this year as a state would be to get that road toll below 300, and we won't get it with idiots like this who flout the law and set that sort of example.''
    Guess your never too old to drive fast. JUST DONT GET CAUGHT!
    Last edited by ShadowGT; 06/01/09 at 07:39 AM.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

2. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

i rofled at the fact he thought he would get away with it cos he said he was a racing driver

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

3. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Haha, 78 years old.

4. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

What got me the most was the 78 year olds car. How many 78 year olds do you see driving hotted up tuners around?

5. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

I was thinking it would be a Holden Commodore/Ford Falcon sort of car, definitely not a Pulsar GTi!

Anyway, I really despise the officer's attitude. Just because he's going fast, doesn't necessarily mean he's dangerous. If he's a race driver (ok, assuming that he was telling the truth), then shouldn't you have some faith in them that they can control the car? What about all those other road users who drive under the limit but talk on phones and do other such dangerous things?

I really really wish the world could understand that for some people, driving a car isn't a necessity, it's a form of leisure, and just let enthusiasts do what they want as long as they're not endangering other people

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

6. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Haha 78 year old, i can't imagine my grandpa owning a car like that...

7. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Lol, quite funny. But "hotted up"? To me that looks like a bone stock Pulsar GTi-R...

8. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Hum, I think that lady pushed the pedal a bit too much...

9. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Pyjamas »
    Lol, quite funny. But "hotted up"? To me that looks like a bone stock Pulsar GTi-R...
    Well it is a very hotted up Nissan Pulsar... I mean, look at that hood!

You're impossible, Mark

10. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Nope, that's the stock bodykit and hood for a Pulsar GTi-R.

11. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

170KMH Loooool!

What a guy.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

12. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

GO OLD MAN GO! lololololol This guy is my new hero!

13. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Thats pretty insane. In the US they would just take you to jail for 1 day and give your car back the next. Or probably just a really expensive ticket.

14. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Yep aussie police are real strict,

15. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Yep aussie police are real strict,
    unfortunatly

16. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

What about in the UK? (May take this into consideration when choosing a place to study abroad )

You're impossible, Mark

17. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

From wikipedia, it said that the FBI took a Ferrari 250GTO from a Drug Dealer, and auctioned it for millions

18. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Well at least they didn't crush it or something like that, as police are sometimes known to do that to criminals' cars

You're impossible, Mark

19. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Well at least they didn't crush it or something like that, as police are sometimes known to do that to criminals' cars
    Yeah, I've seen happen a lot of times street racers got their cars crushed (sometimes 160hp Civics, but I've seen a 1000hp Supra and an 800hp R34 GT-R be crushed before .

20. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Why don't they try and sell the custom parts and/or auction the car instead of crushing it...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last