Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. G3RMAN is offline Different Every Day!

Exclamation Nissan Cheats!

The new Nissan GTR is supposed to be faster than a Porsche 911 GT2.Can anyone explain why a car with less power and more weight is supposed to beat the best new Porsche around the track it was designed on?.Nissan used race tyres to beat the Porsche GT2 and only just why would they blatently lie
    Different every day!!

2. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Uh, Nissan did beat them. The Nissan actually goes around corners without smoke behind it.
    The GT is more aerodynamic and grippy than the GT2. In addition, some drivers are just plain better than others. Oh, and both cars were tested extensively at the ring.
    That's like asking how the much heavier, less aerodynamic Veyron is faster that the CCXR.
    Last edited by Immelmann; 04/01/09 at 02:03 AM.

3. G3RMAN is offline Different Every Day!

But does the CCXR handle as well or even has as much power to weight as the veyron it does not and smoke coming out of tyres thats a bad driver the nissan has less power to weight and thats how you really measure performance
    Different every day!!

4. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

wow...how long have we known this? lol
    U mad bro?

5. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Okay, how about this. I really can`t argue with you any more until you start punctuating properly. I`m having trouble deciphering what you write. Just a comma or period here in there would help, thanks.

Anywho, power to weight is almost totally irrelevant. What matters is how that power is put down. You need torque, and you need wheels to transfer it to the ground.
    Last edited by Immelmann; 04/01/09 at 03:27 AM.

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Him Himself »
    Okay, how about this. I really can`t argue with you any more until you start punctuating properly. I`m having trouble deciphering what you write. Just a comma or period here in there would help, thanks.
    He's German, so English probably isn't his first language and he is speaking pretty damn well in English. So really, you shouldn't be moaning at him for not using the correct grammar.

7. Loz
    Loz is offline SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

This news is almost 9 Months Old

Yes, i know it was posted in November, but the original article says that the GTR beat the GT2 in April.

Loz Shots - GT6 | FM5 | FM6 | pCars

8. CobraDBlade is offline Bought a Supra. Tada!

He's German eh? That would explain why he's so miffed that a Nissan is capable of outperforming a Porsche. :P But seriously, the GTR has MASSIVE amounts of grip. So much in fact that Clarkson (Of Top Gear fame) seriously hurt his neck when testing it out on the Fuji Speedway. LINK: http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/ouc...tegory=Popular

Not to forget that the Nissan GTR is putting 480hp down at the wheels (480 being the number Nissan is advertising), meaning that the engine itself is producing over 500hp.

9. RB26DETT is offline Banned

nissan cheats my bloody ass! porsche cheats by putting up their best 911 in the range against a base model GTR. pathetic.

german, stop posting old news!

10. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

Well, I hate the GTR and think the Porsche is the only one that deserves to go faster...
    U mad bro?

11. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Nissan has done an extrordinary job with the GT-R
    Better than what Porsche has done with the GT2

12. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

You seriously think that the engineering that went into the GTR is more impressive than that of the engineering of the Porsche, or any Porsche? Wow, wake up kid...
    U mad bro?

13. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Yes. What Porsche basically did is ad a turbo to the GT3. Add an intake on the side, changed some bumpers and stiffened the suspension!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Nissan did cheat, it's well known but not because Porsche say so. So many mags have taken a Nissan GT-R on the Ring and not got close to the 7:29. No disrespect to the GT-R, it's an amazing car but it's no 7:29 without some changes being made.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by redvette77 »
    You seriously think that the engineering that went into the GTR is more impressive than that of the engineering of the Porsche, or any Porsche? Wow, wake up kid...
    The GTR is quite well know as an engineering masterpice, its weather you like the 'playstation' feel of it more than the engineering you should question without looking like an idiot
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

16. G3RMAN is offline Different Every Day!

Why do so many people think that a jumped up family car is better than a supercar?I mean the Gt2 is faster than a lambo LP 560.
    Different every day!!

17. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Why do you keep posting old news?

18. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

OK here comes trouble ...

[rant]

right first of all ... I for one believe the GT-R could beat a Porsche round the ring ... if you know the ring (even on a computer game) you'll know it's as much about twists and turns and bumps as it is about straights and because it's so varied that's why the companies like to use it for serious performance and handling development of some of their cars.

As to why I think the GT-R beats the Porsche ... because of the simple facts that because of the engineering in the car it can deliver the power more efficiently and more of the time and that the GT-R must have (I don't know for sure) a better weight balance than the Porsche which has it's engine in the wrong position!

Now to another point ... so how is a GT-R a jumped up family car? ... OK the older Skyline GT-Rs were ... but really since the R33 they have been as much a family car as any 911 ... have you seen how much room is in the rear of the new GT-R?

[/rant]
    I'd rather be topless !

19. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Quote Originally Posted by G3RMAN »
    Why do so many people think that a jumped up family car is better than a supercar?I mean the Gt2 is faster than a lambo LP 560.
    It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car with a centrally located engine",
    As quoted from Wikipedia. A Porsche 911 is already NOT a supercar.

20. RB26DETT is offline Banned

In the words of the oh so wise Jeremy Clarkson...

"It's a Beetle."

Page 1 of 3 123 Last