Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. G3RMAN is offline Different Every Day!

Exclamation Move Over Veyron!!

Its is offical the Shelby SSC ultimate aero is the worlds fastest production vehicle.With a top speed of 412.28 KP/h and from Sydney to Canberra at top speed it would take 40 minutes allowing for tolls easily 90 seconds ahead of your slowpoke Veyron owning buddy
    Different every day!!

2. Loz
    Loz is offline SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Do you actually have any proof of it going 412kph?

Loz Shots - GT6 | FM5 | FM6 | pCars

3. SLRRR is offline Ace

A bit off old news but here are some vids. This car is really faster than the Veyron.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    Last edited by SLRRR; 03/01/09 at 09:02 AM.

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Such old news...

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Old news but am I right in stating that if the Veyron wasn't limited due to its tyres it will still be as fast or faster than the SSC. Also has the SSC officially been recorded or not as i remember it was unofficial at one stage. And I'm sure something else is faster than the SSC now.

6. himesh1042 is offline Alienware M15x owner

probably the shelby areo 8 is the fastest car in the world

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

But does it have such a good ride quality when you are it's top speed? Probably not.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

8. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

himesh, what do you mean "probably"? it IS the fastest car in the world.

9. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Its faster but the Veyron's interior is at the top, the SSC also has a good interior, but the Bugatti Veyron is easy to drive and probably every part costs about $4000 (According to Top Gear)... if the Veyron cut off some weight, it probably might be faster

10. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

tbh, you cant put a title like Move over Veyron until you can get a car that is not only faster, but also has incredible build and ride quality and gives you all the luxuries like the Veyron does
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

11. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Quote Originally Posted by himesh1042 »
    probably the shelby areo 8 is the fastest car in the world
    MORGAN Aero Eight

OR

Shelby SST Ultimate AERO?

Someone got mixed up!

12. TimBud is offline brmm

Quote Originally Posted by G3RMAN »
    from Sydney to Canberra at top speed it would take 40 minutes allowing for tolls easily 90 seconds ahead of your slowpoke Veyron owning buddy
    Except that they would both have to refuel about 4 times... and the Aero would require a service half way along the route, whereas the Veyron has normal service intervals.

13. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

I wonder, why don`t they ever put a CCXR Edition, Veyron, SSC Aero and that Ruff GT on a test for top speed...

14. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Wait the last time I read something about this here are the top speeds (recorded by Guiness World Records):

SSC Ultimate Aero TT: 256.15MPH / 412.23 KM/H
    Bugatti Veyron: 253.81MPH / 407.16 KM/H (LIMITED)

They need 182 Horsepowers to go 2.34 MPH / 5.07 KM/H faster?
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 04/01/09 at 13:07 PM.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Haha move over Veyron? No chance, the Veyron with 1200bhp would kill this thing and still be as comfortable and manageable as it's known to be. The SSC is also what 70-80% the weight of the Veyron, it might be faster but people seem to forget the Veyron is limited, yes that's right limited to 253mph. The tires have been tested at 257mph comfortably (meaning more speed is available but at a higher risk) but they made the decision to take 4mph off for safety reasons.

Watch the top gear video and notice how the Veyron still has about 1700rpm left and is no where near redlining or maxxing it's engine. The Veyron doesn't need to hold the fastest title in the world as VW and it's engineers know nothing can touch it as an all round package.

Anyway it looks like 9ff will be taking their GT9 to 260mph later this year. And there's rumour of some other small company aiming for 270mph.

Plus the SSC looks a rip off of so many cars including my namesake, no originality as usual.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

I read somwhere that Hennessey are aiming at the Veyron. They said they are doing their own supercar last year but haven`t heard nothing about it since that article I read...

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Hennessey's are Drag Queens only, to take on the Veyron you got to do more than just go fast in a straight line.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    I read somwhere that Hennessey are aiming at the Veyron. They said they are doing their own supercar last year but haven`t heard nothing about it since that article I read...
    They will probably make it based off the Viper, or a new Viper TT...

anyways if they CCXR, Veyron and Aero TT race, the Veyron would win, its very stable at high speeds, the CCXR Edition would lose due because it goes from 0-60 in only 3.1 secs, which is equal to/close to the McLaren F1/Ferrari Enzo and according to Top Gear if a McLaren F1 is going 120MPH and the Veyron races it, the Veyron would beat it to 200MPH, probably the same with the CCXR Edition.

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Yeah but a McLaren F1 only needs 750bhp to equal the Veyron. Imagine if someone gave an F1 1000bhp or even 1200bhp, the car would easily take back it's title.
    I'm a bit mental.

20. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Guy »
    They will probably make it based off the Viper, or a new Viper TT...
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/19/h...s-on-venom-gt/

Here is the article, judge for yourself.

Oh, and Diab, you a fan of Veyron?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last