Topic:

Textures

1. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Default Textures

Hi guys,

Small problem here. Just made some new BMW interior textures but I have problems installing them. I got orginal the .2db file from the Modtools into CS3, then I edited it and saved it as an .dds (with the Nvidia tool for CS3) and finally I converted the new .dds file to .2db and replaced the old one with the new. However, when I view the texture, it's covered with white stripes! Where did it go wrong? Maybe with saving in .dds (incorrect settings) ? Hope someone can help me!

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Yes it will have been the incorrect settings. Until you become more "into" modding. I suggest this fool-proof method

http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=3821

p.s. Ignore the name. We have an insane Admin
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Oke, thank you!

4. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Wel, I got the same problem.. I saved the .DDS in DXTBmp as a DXT5 DDS file.. is that correct? I followed your guide exactly (2 times!). But I still got white stripes al over my texture..

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

urm, did you merge all the layers down when in cs3?
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

6. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Yes: Layers->Flatten Image
    That way I only had a background layer. Then I loaded the new DDS in DXTBmp and saved it as DDS DXT5. When I view the DDS, it looks fine. But when it's converted to 2DB and I view it, I have the white strips which I also have in game. So it looks like the converting went wrong? Or saving the DDS?

7. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Hi

which version of the Modding Tools are you using ? Could you attach here your DDS and 2DB files, please ?

Thanks.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

8. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Hi Djey,

Here are the texture files. Included are the DDS DXT5 texture file and the converted 2DB. I converted it with TDUModdingTools v1.5.0.40437. I used the tutorial given by Man love rules. Thanks for your help!!

Edit- Dont mind the the 'new' in the .2db title, that's so I know what's new and what's old, but when I put it in the BNK it has the correct title.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Okay.

1. please get latest version of Modding Tools, 1.6

2. when you save this DDS after changes, please use following settings :
    + DXT1 (as it's the texture native format)
    Tip (waiting for a better method) : to know which texture format to save to, just open original DDS in notepad and search (CTRL+F) for this word : DXT.

+ Generate mipmaps

I'm using paint.net with DDS plugin and it finally worked after that
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

10. Maverick322 is offline Rusted Banger

Oke thanks! Will try with DXT1 and v1.6 of modtools