Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Unhappy Got some problems with my PC

Hey all ! I can't find a solution of this problem I got so I'll just post it up here and see if I get some answers..

The thing is that I can't play any games with my PC.. Here is some pics..

I play games as GTAIV, LFS and TDU.
    Last edited by beem3r; 01/01/09 at 00:41 AM.

2. Nodz86 is offline ____________

have you tried lowering your graphic settings? Is the cable to the monitor ok? have you checked its all connected properly?

Not that good at this sort of thing but it does seem like something major and beyond my knowledge, have you tried posting on a computer forum??

3. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

I'm no expert, but I'd say you have a driver malfunction.
    Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

did you try to update the bios on your mobo?? as that can really make things go bad if you get that wrong??

As I said above ask on a computer forumas your'll get alot of help there, try here

5. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Yeah I have asked on my local computer forum and they said that I needed the newest driver etc. and it didnt solve the problem..
    Yes I found out that I need to update the BIOS but i don't have an floppy so is there a way to update the BIOS without a floppy ?

6. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Hmm

Could it be the firmware too? I simply don't know

7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Try putting your colour quality down or up to 16 bit or 32.

8. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

wrecked video card or memory card I say... I already had something similar to that tbh

9. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman »
    wrecked video card or memory card I say... I already had something similar to that tbh
    This.

Might just be overheating, so check the fan is clear of dust and still turns etc. but it looks like the damage to your video card might already have been done.

10. SLRRR is offline Ace

I had the same when i overclocked my video card to much. It looked like the first pic

11. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Hmm. Got a floppy now so I'll be updating the BIOS tomorrow. Happy new year all!

12. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

i would say its the video card(s) it looks like the damage has already been done though. you may have to buy a new one

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

13. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Ok.
    Whats the best video that can handle 550W? Got a little discussion in the ChatBox and they said that the new GTX 260 with 55nm would be good..?

14. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

yeah it is a good card but i would go with a 4870 its as good and about 50 cheaper

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

15. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

Im sort of a Nvidia fanboy hehe If you take a close look at some games on the back side it stands its enchanced for Nvidia GeForce cards etc.. And I have a good expeirence with Nvida cards So I'll be taking a Geforce card

16. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Good on you and unlucky with the problem. Not happened to me at all actually. S71NG3R has a BFG GTX260 so you could ask him about it if it's a good card etc... I remember him saying it's more than twice as good as his old 8800GTS 640MB and thats the card I have atm

Also search google for reviews of it etc.. and reviews on games for how well it peforms etc.. I was actually interested in a BFG or XFX GTX280 although money is a problem and I think I will wait for either the 280 to come down in price or get a 295 or 285. I also agree with you about what you said regarding Nvidia. I am sticking with them as I have had experience with them so I guess i'm in kind of the same boat.

17. SLRRR is offline Ace

Quote Originally Posted by TheScottishSpotter »
    Good on you and unlucky with the problem. Not happened to me at all actually. S71NG3R has a BFG GTX260 so you could ask him about it if it's a good card etc... I remember him saying it's more than twice as good as his old 8800GTS 640MB and thats the card I have atm

Also search google for reviews of it etc.. and reviews on games for how well it peforms etc.. I was actually interested in a BFG or XFX GTX280 although money is a problem and I think I will wait for either the 280 to come down in price or get a 295 or 285. I also agree with you about what you said regarding Nvidia. I am sticking with them as I have had experience with them so I guess i'm in kind of the same boat.

The pluspoint about Nvidia is that the 8 series and higher have physics and thats a pluspoint for games. But those AMD/ATi cards are cheapper and sometimes faster

4870 is faster than a 260GTX

18. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

yeah if you want to pay more for the same performance then go ahead :P

just trying to save you abit of cash

19. beem3r is offline Just a Skidmark

I'm going for the 9800GTX+ 1024mb version, it's better than the 4850.
    I ordered a 9800GTX+ from my local PC store, so I'll be getting it on monday probably

20. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Beem3r »
    I'm going for the 9800GTX+ 1024mb version, it's better than the 4850.
    No, it's really not.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last