7 33.33%
  • The stock one

14 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Default 2009 Cobra Nissan GT-R

Cobra Nissan GT-R gallery: 6 photos >>

The COBRA N+ Tuning Concept for the New Nissan GT-R

Rarely has a new car attracted this much attention a full year before its official market launch. The Nissan GT-R reaches for the stars on the wings of a twin-turbo 3.8-liter V6 engine with 485 hp / 356.9 kW and permanent four-wheel drive. The development of an extensive tuning program at COBRA N+, the division of Cobra Technology & Lifestyle that exclusively deals with the customization and tuning of Nissan automobiles, is running at full steam.

Power can only be substituted with more power. The COBRA N+ engineers are already hard at work developing engine tuning for the turbocharged engine. The first tuning stage is projected to deliver 550 hp / 404.8 kW, with an increase in torque to 680 Nm. To achieve this goal the engine electronics are reprogrammed, boost pressure is increased by 0.15 bar and the air intake is modified with sport air filters. Also under development is a free-flow COBRA N+ stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system with metal catalysts.

Thus powered the Nissan GT-R from COBRA N+ will sprint to 100 km/h in less than 3.5 seconds, on its way to a top speed of some 320 km/h. Plans exist for a COBRA N+ RACE PERFORMANCE engine version with 620 hp / 456.3 kW and a peak torque of approximately 800 Nm.

COBRA N+ also adds further sporty character to suspension, wheels and brakes of the new top-of-the-line model from the Japanese carmaker. Three-piece, extremely lightweight 21-inch COBRA N+ light-alloy wheels are slated to fill out the space beneath the wheel arches perfectly. They’ll also create the necessary space for COBRA N+ eight-piston brake calipers and 405-mm brake discs on the front axle. A COBRA N+ coil-over suspension gives the sports car even better handling. It features a multitude of selectable settings for ride height and damper rates.

The COBRA N+ tuning concept for the GT-R also includes a sporty designer suit. The front of the two-door car receives added character with a new COBRA N+ front apron with large air dams. The aerodynamic-enhancement part also reduces lift on the front axle and improves cooling-air supply of radiators and front brakes. COBRA N+ rocker panels ensure optimal air flow between front and rear wheel arches. The rear is upgraded with a new COBRA N+ rear apron with integrated diffuser, and a larger COBRA N+ rear airfoil. The COBRA N+ Speed and Stripes decal kit accentuates the striking lines of the sportscar.

For customizing the interior COBRA N+ offers two different options. Nissan GT-R owners can choose from a luxurious COBRA N+ interior with specially sewn upholstery for seats and doors, made from a high-quality combination of leather and Alcantara, and a COBRA N+ racing cockpit with ultra-light carbon-fiber racing seats, six-point seatbelts and roll cage.

Source : www.tuningnews.net
    Last edited by KoenigseggBG; 24/12/08 at 17:06 PM.

2. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

A reason to not leave a child unattended with a yellow crayon and a black car..
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Haha, very well put there, Nipper.

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

The stock one.
    So i can send it to Amuse Powerhouse

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

It is impossible for me to vote in this pole because of the lack of a "niether" choice.

I hate anything to do with the new GTR
    U mad bro?

6. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Its not that bad but prefer stock one
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

7. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

MB, what about the Cobra sent to Amuse Powehouse? then see what monster turns up
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

8. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Magnet Rabbit »
    MB, what about the Cobra sent to Amuse Powehouse? then see what monster turns up
    Then the exterior will be fuly as the Cobra doesn't look good in crayons.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

9. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I am having a really hard time deciding on this. They both look as nice... or bad? Really don't know. In the end, I think I would go with the stock one, just because of the rims they put on this Cobra version.

10. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by redvette77 »
    It is impossible for me to vote in this pole because of the lack of a "niether" choice.

I second that. Give me a V8 over that any day. Theres no replacement for displacement

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

11. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Give me a stock GTR over a V8, bad fuel economy isn't all that matters!

12. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by redvette77 »

That`s my point, even if you hate GT-R, would you prefer it to this thing up there...

13. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    Then the exterior will be fuly as the Cobra doesn't look good in crayons.
    im thinking performance wise =3
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

14. RB26DETT is offline Banned

gawd teh yellow iz blinding meh! x_x

15. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

This one just for the rims.

16. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

In the words of the prophet:

POWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*cough*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!1!!! !1!!!1shift+one!!
    Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.

17. iBilo is offline ;)

POOR CAR!

18. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Captain_ClutchKick, you are officially an idiot...

19. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

No really. To me more performance is never worse than less. And I don't care how it looks, it's only some hideous yellow pinstripes, but if you're spending that much on a car then you can spec it how you like.
    Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.

20. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

For streching the page...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Search Tags

cobra
gt-r
news
nissan
tuning