1. Request: Dirt Roads
    Ryzza5 is offline .

I was wondering the other day if this would be possible, since TDU does have some implementation of dirt roads at the various farms up north of the island - will get a pic/video if you like, and Wroom has already done road-swapping before.

The main use of this would be in movies - and it's ok if the mod makes every road dirt - since I'd only turn it on when I needed it and off again just as easily (would save'n'swap various copies of .bnk files).

Waiting to see if anyone takes up this potentially easy mod. Just have to find the file that has the dirst texture - I don't have PS so I can't check.

Thanks in advance

2. Request: Dirt Roads Comments
  3. Ryzza5 is offline .

Here's some photos and a bookmark:

"Dirt Track" 62 23223.77 222.33 15405.14 0.178 0.008 0.984 434919546

There are slightly different dirt textures to the left of that area shown on the map if they are more suitable or not???

4. Leadfoot[YT] is offline COTM Creator

I was thinking about something similar a few days ago after making some dirt roads in Crysis. I wonder if people could use the Crysis dirt road textures. There's literally about 120 of them.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza
    ...Norton deleted it.
    Maybe you should return the favour to Norton.

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

In theory it would be possible. But probably without the "smoke" effect.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well anything would do for now - I'm assuming an alpha version would take no more than 20mins to put together?

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

You (not you personally) ... urh ... One () could find the dirt road textures (dunno where they are) and put them inot the road one ... (we know where they are from WROOM's mods). I might look into it if I have time. But not tonight. I have work to do and need to rest my aching brain.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

8. Leadfoot[YT] is offline COTM Creator

At one point WROOM mentioned that the TDU road textures were strange - he posted a pic of them. Or, rather, it. The TDU road texture file is one image, with different patterns. It might take a bit. But it would be possible. I'm not particularly good at modding TDU, but I may be able to supply textures. Unless using Crysis textures in TDU isn't allowed.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza
    ...Norton deleted it.
    Maybe you should return the favour to Norton.

9. WROOM is offline Eat My Dust

Actually, you can make roads to look like, whatever you want to look like. If you know what i mean. I mean, you can put any texture you want on it. Yeah you can make them look dirt, but i don't think that is possible to add constant smoke ( dirt ) in back of your car. Maybe it is possible but i don't know how to do it, i can only change textures.
    Give man a bread, and he wan't bother you for a DAY. Teach men to use GOOGLE, and he wan't bother you for a WEEK!

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

fair enough - you can only change the look of the road - not the surface itself

still - how cool would it be if we were able to do that