1. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Default Entries to replace for car name changes

I finally decided to try a shot at fixing names, but I'm not sure what I need to change. I was looking to change the Gallardo SE to the Gallrdo LP560-4, and I came across some entries I'm not sure I should change. There was one called "SE", but the one I'm scared to change is "Gall_SE". If I change that to "Gall_LP560-4" will that be changing the file it looks for? Or do I even need to change that one? Are the only ones that need to be changed the ones that you would see in-game, like "SE"?

Thanks guys!

2. Little_ghost is offline Exoticar Driver

No. If you change the the entry in the TDU_CarPhysicsData.us in your DB_US (or your language) it will only change the car's type/modelname, not the file it looks for.

Just keep in mind that "Gall_LP560-4" is much longer then "Gall_SE" so you'll need to delete some unused types/modelnames and add some enters/spaces to get to the same filesize. I don;t know wheter a edited Bnk1.map works on that front. Best thing is to back up your files and try.

Good Luck!

- Little_Ghost
    --> Little_Ghost's Test Drive Unlimited 2 photoalbum on Picassa <--
    Updated: 25 april 2011 - 02:15:11

3. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

Okay, thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot!

4. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Do not edit the Gall_SE entry, as it is not necessary to update model name. It might make TDU to crash...
    Just replace the SE word by LP-560 (you'll notice Gallardo word is shared by all Gallardo models)

Concerning lengths, if you use a magic map, you can replace by the word the way you want, no matter how the size is.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

5. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

In TDU forum, I heard someone said to use DB editor, but I end up downloading 3 fake one (not the right DB editor) and I think little gost told me to use note pad but I don't know how to use....

6. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

you use djeys modding tools to edit the db entries
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

7. Little_ghost is offline Exoticar Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Djey »
    Do not edit the Gall_SE entry, as it is not necessary to update model name. It might make TDU to crash...
    Just replace the SE word by LP-560 (you'll notice Gallardo word is shared by all Gallardo models)

Concerning lengths, if you use a magic map, you can replace by the word the way you want, no matter how the size is.
    I use the magic map/edited mpa file, but if I replace a word with a longer or shorter one, it DOES crash.....

- Little_Ghost

P.S.
    Not having any problems, just editing the file to reacht the -2, 0 or +2 byte size. Just wanted to inform.
    --> Little_Ghost's Test Drive Unlimited 2 photoalbum on Picassa <--
    Updated: 25 april 2011 - 02:15:11