1. MCiN7 is offline Drifter

Default Creating BNK Files?

Hey, well I'm not sure if any of the modders have noticed, but the BTRQ files actually make the car act differently (Traction control, Automatic shifts)

The problem with this is, some cars just don't work as well as before, take the F575 for example, put the 350Z Whitetale conversion on it, and the RPM doesn't climb as fast (more TC).

I was wondering if there is a BNK Creator, not a replacer, CREATOR!

This way I can use the models I want, on the cars I want without the cars Traction control stuffing up.

Thanks, Matt.

(I have TDU Modding tools but BNK Editor is grayed out.)

2. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Hi,

it's impossible to create BNK files at the moment. Everyone just modifies existing BNKs.

In fact, btrq files have some effect, but nobody could prove what they're doing exactly.

If you wanna keep a btrq, just extract it from a clean BNK file then replace the one in the modded archive.

BNK Editor: It's grayed because you didn't copy BNKFileEditor.exe into TDU Modding Tools' plugins folder.
    Anyways, File Browser is more and more powerful thus BNK Editor button will disappear soon.

Djey - TDU Modding Tools developer.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

3. MCiN7 is offline Drifter

Ah k, thanks!

The best description I could give for BTRQ files is:
    A BTRQ file for Test Drive Unlimited changes the RPM range (eg: 0-8000rpm) [making some cars not being able to use automatic at all] and Traction control amount.
    Last edited by MCiN7; 15/12/08 at 07:07 AM. Reason: add

4. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

BTW, Djey if you create BNK files don't you get banned online? or will the car appear as "Car not downloaded" ?

5. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

I've never tried, so I can't guarantee it will work.

Anyway, unless the Database files are 100% decoded, it's not possible to use new car slots. Now, simply adding a brand new BNK file won't make the car to appear.
    Last edited by Djey; 15/12/08 at 16:49 PM.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)